PDA

View Full Version : new to the forum, some works in progress

Firebat_2000
12-28-2001, 06:10 AM
hi guys
these are some of my recent works, an ion cannon (orbital) model,
a fighter squad and a very unfinished tunnel.just wanted to hear your comments and crits.
http://members.dancestylz.com/firebat_2000/fightersquadsmall.jpg http://members.dancestylz.com/firebat_2000/ioncannon.jpg http://members.dancestylz.com/firebat_2000/tunnelwarrior.JPG

Khar_Negt
12-28-2001, 08:41 AM
Cool design! Your lighting are really good too...
The fire behind the reactor look fake :( It's the only thing I will critized... and it's for not being too positive ;)

Disgusting
12-28-2001, 09:03 AM
Nice work, but all images look somehow too flat. I think there need to be some more shadows. The scenes are way too typical space scenes in my opinion ... but that's just my humble opinion ...

l_farley13_l
12-28-2001, 01:57 PM
Yeah definitley increase the contrast in the images, almost no fill light is needed unless your close t the atmosphere, since there are no walls or sky, nice modeling BTW

Farley13

Psy
12-28-2001, 02:19 PM
the only crit that i have, is that the volumetric lights in your tunnel need some work (i know, i know, its unfinished). my recommendation for the volumetrics is that you should assign a normal volumetric and then a noise volumetric to each light as well, totalling 4 volumetrics for that scene. That should make the atmospheric lighting look a lot more realistic.

Psy

marioucci
12-28-2001, 09:13 PM
when u can model and texture and create a really cool scene(as you do) the worst part is to dirt it up! add fog, blur scratches and some areas where ur work will not be seen very well...
its hard i know, but thats how the real world is:)

wan
12-29-2001, 04:36 AM
Everything looks cool, but I'm more interested in the background on the first image.

Are those photos or 3d terrain?

Firebat_2000
12-29-2001, 07:08 AM
thanks for the replies
i know that it looks pretty fake, i just used max's combustion
and the smoke is pretty fake too, i used Blur plugin by...forgot by who, but it should have gave me a temperature distortion effect.anyway, i kinda like it this way, gives some character i'd say.

for the shadows: are you talking especially bout the tunnel?i'm absolutely far from completion, have kinda left it behind, cause i'm planning to have an assault class bot it there, i really love bots.sure that those scenes look pretty overused, but i'm trying to get better at them and then try other stuff.i've got some quite original others though, may upload them sometime.
and what's more i've got a commercial game project and i don't have much time for personal stuff.

thanks for the suggestion psy, i was thinking about noised volum..
loganarts: sure, it's pretty difficult to dirty them, but it's not all that difficult too ;) i'm planning to have some dirty and rusty objects in the tunnel.
yeah, that's a photo wan..i did a pretty nice and detailed terrain a couple of times, but my comp cant really handle things over 1 Mpolys lol.

and for disgusting - i've definately gotta work on contrast, thanks for pointing that out

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.