PDA

View Full Version : Short Lipsync exercise

airdogg01
07-08-2006, 03:36 PM
Hey everyone, This is a quick lipsync exercise I started on awhile back, but lost momentum on and put aside for awhile. I'm looking to finally finish it up, add the eye and brow movements and polish it off. Any critiques are very welcome, as are any suggestions regarding what the "THAT" that the character refers to could be. Something funny and all-together unimpressive to the other character (which is currently represented by the taller gray box on the right.) I havent fully thought that part out yet, I just liked the clip and jumped right in, probablly prematurely, though I'm excited to see what kind of suggestions I get from my CG peers, for you all are far more clever than I. Thanks in advance guys for your feedback.
-Aaron

http://aaronmcgriff.com/lipsync_pass_01.mov

renaissance01
07-09-2006, 12:31 PM
looking good so far, has great potential for a really nice piece of animation, hope to see the finished version soon

airdogg01
07-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Thank renaissance01. I hope to get the rest cranked out and posted relatively soon. I'm tightening several of my old exercises in hope of having a strong reel ready for siggraph. Anything jump out as far as the poses or timing that you would change? Thanks again for the feedback.

_Aaron

renaissance01
07-09-2006, 02:49 PM
sounds good...timing looks good. The only thing i could spot was that his left arm (models left)looks a bit stiff, sort of looks like a frozen pose at one point but thats about it. good luck :D

airdogg01
07-10-2006, 03:02 AM
Thanks man. I'll try to loosen it up a bit. i think I just need to unbend it at the elbow tad so it has some follow through and doesnt hit the pose and stick so sharp.
-Aaron

CGTalk Moderation
07-10-2006, 03:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.