PDA

View Full Version : Maxwell Render plugin for Maya problem

M1211
07-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Please help...
I thought I correctly followed the installation guild to set up the Maxwell Render plugin for Maya 7.0.1. But when I loaded mayall_maya70.mll in Plugin Manager, nothing happened. I didn’t see Maxwell either on menu or hotbox. But I did see it said Mayall plug-in successfully loaded in Output Window. Does anyone know how should I get Maxwell working in Maya?
Please help me
Thank you so much

wedge
07-08-2006, 06:37 PM
they will help you on www.maxwellrender.com/forum

the developers spend a lot of time there. you won't be able to post anything until you register your maxwell license with your forum account, but after that they should help you.

M1211
07-08-2006, 09:14 PM
Yes, I did check the forum over there, but couldn't create any post. I am using Mawell Render Demo I downloaded from their website, so there's no license I can use. Do you know any other places that can answer my question?
Thank you

M1211
07-09-2006, 07:09 AM
I checked that forum already, but like you said, I couldn't creat any post. I am using Maxwell Render Demo downloaded from their website with no license. Do you know any other places that can find the answer?

cpan
07-09-2006, 07:55 AM
did you create these env variables?

MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH = x:\plugin_path\mayall
MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH = x:\plugin_path\mayall
XBMLANGPATH = x:\plugin_path\mayall
MAYALL_ROOT = x:\plugin_path\mayall
MAXWELL_ROOT = C:\Program Files\Next Limit\Maxwell\
also you need to copy the mayall dir into x:\plugin_path\

I installed the demo too, and works ok, but the rendering is slow as hell lol. Back to mentalray :D

hope it helps
cpan

M1211
07-09-2006, 10:38 AM
I am not quite sure if I set the env variables corretly. They look like this in the system Variables:

http://www.calarts.edu/%7Ecchang/images/temp.jpg

Are they correct?
BTW, I unzip all the plugin files to C:\Maxwell folder

Thank you for the helps

Masnado
07-11-2006, 11:40 PM
Try to copy all mayall7 files ALSO in your Documents' maya script directory.
It should work!

M1211
07-12-2006, 12:08 AM
Woa, Thank you so much. Problem solved completely. I can use Maxwell in Maya now, but one more question. How do you set up Maya so everytime you launch Maya, you don't have to go to Plugin Manager to activate Maxwell plugin?

Thanks for the helps

Jozvex
07-12-2006, 02:23 AM
If you go into the plugin manager, next to the 'load' checkbox is an 'auto-load' checkbox. Activate the auto load.

:thumbsup:

M1211
07-12-2006, 05:02 AM
I did check the auto-load. But every time I launch Maya, I have to navigate to mayall_maya70.mll and activate it again in plug-in manager. I just wonder how to do it so mayall_maya70.mll would remain in plug-in manager.

cpan
07-12-2006, 06:27 AM
hmmm if it works when you copy the files directly to your user dir then you didn't setup the maya_plug_path and script_path variables right (or copied the maxwell files wrong).

that's been said, did you copy the files from the mayall folder directly into the C:\Maxwell\ directory? if you did, then delete them and copy the whole mayall folder in C:\Maxwell\ ;)

it should work ok this way and the plug will allow the 'autoload' feature.

CGTalk Moderation
07-12-2006, 06:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.