PDA

View Full Version : Races of Middle Earth - character (sort of) - jeroentje

jeroentje
01-16-2003, 03:15 PM
Okay, I have a great idea about a new race, complete with a thousands year old background, and the whole bladiebla, that would fit straight into a Tolkien book... but absolutely no time to start it :cry:

Maybe starting this thread will keep the idea awake in my head. I still have some time before the end of the challenge :hmm:

Alice
01-16-2003, 04:03 PM
But hey, if your supposed to hold up the style from your last entry, then a version for every age in a thousand years is pretty many pictures....
Why not settle for a fivr year old? ;) :p

jeroentje
01-16-2003, 04:57 PM
LOL :D
But you know me Alice: never 2 times the same style in a row ;)

Tommy Lee
01-16-2003, 06:36 PM
HEHE... hope to see something from ya!!!!:bounce:

Cheerz buddy:beer:

Tom

jeroentje
01-17-2003, 01:25 PM
Okay okay, here it is...

This is Elvosh. Elvosh is a Wobbit, a small yet clever sort of halflings that have pointy ears with hair coming out of it :)

Pancreas
01-17-2003, 03:24 PM
LOL :D Thatīs not a new race at all! Thats my neightbour!
Mmhhh so he is a "Wobbit"... maybe that explains his stolls in underwear by his garden.

Tommy Lee
01-18-2003, 02:01 AM
LOL bud.... I love his haircut..hehe!!!!!:beer:

Now thats a funny idea that have to come from you..hehe.
Great as ever:thumbsup:

Wait for more

Tom

Gamoron
01-18-2003, 03:14 AM
heeheehee.

jeroentje
01-18-2003, 02:17 PM
Nah, this is just bull**** ;)

I have a more serious and better idea. Time.... time... time...

jeroentje
01-30-2003, 10:31 PM
Okay, not what I had in mind in the first place, but I like it anyway. Just before the deadline, here it is.

This guy is a Stoneman. He lives near mount Doom (no I never read part 3 of LOTR) and as the name of his species tells you: he is made out of magical living stone.
Stonemen (and Stonewomen ofcourse) live for thousands of years and compared to them, the Ents look like happy young puppies.
They usually sit on the same spot for hundreds of years and are therefore easily confused with the environment surrounding them. This one in particulair (Rocko-the-Impatient) is fishing for fire-fishes in the lava and hasn't caught a fish for the last two decades.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/superjeroentje/doom.jpg

Sorry for the missing WIP. I did this thing in 3 hours to beat the deadline. I have no time tomorrow (jan 31), and I couldn't resist. I wouldn't mind posting the step by steps after the weekend, but I think I'll get disqualified anyway. I don't care, this was fun ;)

Royal
01-30-2003, 11:32 PM
umm, deadline? Ive been told it's like a month to deadline.
Nice pic btw seems a bit rushed as you said but nice for three hours.

Bruzundanga
01-31-2003, 01:36 AM
There's a mistake, serious mistake about the deadlines here... I read it again, and it's clear in the title of the rules thread: January 2003 Official Classic Challenge Guidelines - Through Jan 10th - Feb 9th

But when you read the entire thread, it's written: The Challenge starts Jan 10th, 2003 and will run until Feb 28th, 2003 Midnight GMT

Which one is right???

9th or 28th??

btw...
jeroentje
where's the stoneman? is it that guy sit in front of the vulcan?
:surprised

[edit]
yeah, it's the fisher man
it's a stonefisherman
Great pic

regards

jeroentje
01-31-2003, 08:10 AM
He you're right... Why did I think jan 31? I don't know... It's Feb 28 indeed :)
Ah well, maybe a chance to redo this one and make it excellent instead of just allright ;)

Bruzundanga
01-31-2003, 01:48 PM
Lildragon changed the rules thread's name yesterday

Thanks Tito
:beer:

btw,

I hope you give this stoneguy a closeup....

...... I hope you get time to finish also

keep up
:thumbsup:

Gamoron
01-31-2003, 02:56 PM
Hey Jeroen. But time you came out with something. I like the idea. Maybe since you got the time you can blend him in some more to the background.
Cheers!

jeroentje
01-31-2003, 03:27 PM
Hehe, glad you like it :)
Did this cause I had 3 hours to kill.

It gave me a much better idea today though (same concept, but a totally different angle and situation, wait and see), and now that I have another month for it, it might get finished aswell. I'll post wips if I start it ;)

Cheers, Jeroen

Kirt
01-31-2003, 04:53 PM
I like your lava fishing concept very much! It would be pretty funny if you could have some of the lava flowing around behind him and show one or two of the fabled fire fish jumping out of the pool. It would make his endeavors seem more tragic. :D

Good to see you work well under pressure ... now lets see what you can do with the next 4 weeks. Heheheh.

jeroentje
02-01-2003, 06:54 PM
Hi Kirt, glad you like it aswell ;)

What I have in mind for the real thing is this:
like a "standard" fishing sport shot of a guy that catches a fish with a close-up of the fish in the front of the piece. But a burning firefish, caught in the lava and a Stoneman as a fisherman. Lots of possibilities for action and weird lightsources I guess.

Anyway, I am still extremely busy at the moment so I'll see if it gets done. I hope so...

Tommy Lee
02-02-2003, 06:33 AM
Your last idea is :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MMMMMMMMMMMMMH...weird lightning! I can think about the possibilities!!!
Hope to see that idea soon!:bounce:

Tom

jeroentje
02-27-2003, 08:17 PM
Too bad... this is it.

Tommy Lee
03-01-2003, 06:04 PM
Heads up...ya pic is good anyway...simple but solid work!!!!:thumbsup:
I am happy that ya find the time to do something.

Cheerz buddy:beer:

Tommy Lee

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.