PDA

View Full Version : Bridge detonation

Morpheus09
07-06-2006, 06:49 PM
here are my first try what do you think ?

http://www.wow-offenbarung.de/bilder/Brücke.mov

Hook
07-06-2006, 07:05 PM
error 404.....

SoLiTuDe
07-06-2006, 09:00 PM
looks pretty darn good! I'd love to see it with textures... what kind of setup did you use? I'm guess just a script op with cutom fragments?

--Would it be blown up from the bottom? --

Morpheus09
07-07-2006, 12:41 AM
I made custom fragments than let it break with reactor (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=374336)
after that i added some pflow particles

renderd in vray with GI on

now i must add some afterburn smoke some more particles maybe
and the explosion

--Would it be blown up from the bottom? --
it should be an explosion so yes it would be blown up from the bottom

It is a test for a nobudget movie and i make only the fx i am not so good in texures
maybe i add some textures later

and plz i need more feedback

supremepizza
07-07-2006, 12:59 AM
Nice job.

However ;)

Played frame by frame you have some particles suspended in mid air till about 1/3 of the way through the animation.

Overall a good job though.

^
|

I wanna see it textured too :)

supremepizza
07-07-2006, 01:12 AM
I made custom fragments than let it break with reactor (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=374336)
after that i added some pflow particles

now i must add some afterburn smoke some more particles maybe
and the explosion

Pick the Faces on the bridge where it breaks and emmit your particles onto the faces with speed 0 and some motion inheritance. That way they won't hang there in mid air and will fly off naturally when they get flicked off with the motion. That should get you headed towards your particle solution.

SoLiTuDe
07-07-2006, 01:22 AM
Well I meant is if like a bomb was actually on top of the bridge or a missile hit it from the top wouldn't it just blow everything away from it? It looks like something hits it from underneath the bridge. (could be just me... I dunno what would actually happen if a missile or something hit a bridge) I know a lot of dust would go upward, but would the chunks??? I can't find any ref footage for something like this... Still looks good though =)

Steve Green
07-07-2006, 08:48 AM
Hi,

looks good so far, but I think it's mainly lacking some medium sized chunks between the reactor chunks and the particles.

Maybe also look into the reactor chunks - they're all the same thickness at the moment. Maybe slice a couple of the larger pieces horizontally to vary it.

I'm not sure how a bridge like this would be constructed, that may be worth researching - see if there should be any metal frame buried in the concrete to support it, which would be revealed by the explosion.

Cheers,

Steve

Hook
07-07-2006, 07:12 PM
this is wired i still get a ERROR 404

666filth
07-19-2006, 06:47 AM
Well I meant is if like a bomb was actually on top of the bridge or a missile hit it from the top wouldn't it just blow everything away from it? It looks like something hits it from underneath the bridge. (could be just me... I dunno what would actually happen if a missile or something hit a bridge) I know a lot of dust would go upward, but would the chunks??? I can't find any ref footage for something like this... Still looks good though =)

bombs can be stuck under bridges

and for bridge construction i suggest playing bf2, its has quite detailed briges and you can blow big chuncks out of them too

BrandonD
07-19-2006, 08:42 PM
Just to play Mr.Physics, for the speed at which those chunks move, I'd think they'd be thrown a bit farther. But you've got the right idea though. Prebuild some major pieces, RBD simulate them, add smaller chunks of instanced geometry that particle driven, then add yet more smaller bits of particles.

Morpheus09
07-20-2006, 09:19 PM
Maybe a little to denst ;)
http://www.wow-offenbarung.de/bilder/bruecke.mov

CGTalk Moderation
07-20-2006, 09:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.