PDA

View Full Version : Mentalis confusion.

Womball
07-06-2006, 04:34 PM
I am not sure what the actual mentalis looks like. The muscle is the bottom most muscle of teh face on the front of the chin. I have seen it represented as an oval shape that sits under the obicular oris (muscle that from the lips and area around it). I have also seen it as an oval shape that projects past the chin with a heavy indentation in it. This is how my teacher taught us and why some people have butt chins. It normally is bridged with some fibrous tissue. The final way I have seen the mentalis represented is two straps of muscles than form a pyramid.

Are there any pictures of cadavers that show it clearly? This is one of the hold ups I'm facing on my anatomy sculpt.

Rebeccak
07-07-2006, 03:10 AM
Womball,

I hope this (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b380/rebeccak5/Misc/Mentalis.jpg) helps. :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Womball
07-07-2006, 04:53 AM
Ah so its similiar to the way I have it yet, its more strap like? Less ovalar but still forms a lot of the mass of the chin.

CGTalk Moderation
07-07-2006, 04:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.