PDA

View Full Version : IK Solver / Scale / Wierd stuff.

CheeseY
07-06-2006, 02:42 PM
There's lots of people on this forum.. and im not completely new to 3dsmax8, but this is the second time ive used an IK Solver... and all is not well.

Ive looked in the help, and done a search (on this forum) using the terms 'Solver / Scale' but to be honest, i cant find anyone who knows what my problem is.. but im hopefuly :D Please help!

My problem is, i set up the heirarchy for my (i-robot inspired) robot's arm bits

Arm > ForeArm > Hand

Then i click on the Arm.. goto animation > HI Solver.. or the limb one.. doesnt matter which one. I move the IK chain to start animating my robot.. and the Editable-poly objects that make up his arm-pieces seem to Scale/Bend out of shape or something.. (Im not in animating mode.. but still, it seems really wierd that if i move my characters arms they change shape, and its not very robot-like)

The reason im using an IK-solver was because in my uni course, we used it to recreate the pixar-lamp-video.. and when i did it on that, i swear it didnt change the size or shape of the lamps bits.

CGTalk Moderation
07-06-2006, 02:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.