PDA

View Full Version : A small room

Calle
12-28-2001, 06:44 AM
Any comments are welcome. :) Textures? Lighting?

http://sonicated.net/door.jpg

Calle - sonicated.net

Khar_Negt
12-28-2001, 09:44 AM
Great... but the image was way too empty, maybe in re croping it to made it vertical, like a comics case :-)
Doesn't the light pass under the door normaly?? It could had something to your image :)

Disgusting
12-28-2001, 10:10 AM
I like the image very much! It's something different ... something that differs from all those annoying car and spaceship renderings. The "emptiness" of the image doesn't bother me ... it gives the images its atmophere. The only thing I miss is a little gimmick or eye catcher like a thin line of blood glooming in the light or a bizarre shadow cast by the light ...

@Khar_Negt:
You stole your signature from Marilyn Manson! Give him credit!!! :cool:

log
12-28-2001, 11:27 AM
hehe, har du hittat hit nu calleballe =)

nice picture! like it alot!
post some more of your stuff plz! :D

Khar_Negt
12-28-2001, 02:16 PM
Disguting : Ohhh, sorrryy. Do you think he cares that I forgot to mention him? :)))

bassaminator
12-28-2001, 07:43 PM
Nice pic! since you asked lighting/textures here goes:
on the pipe? going along the top left edge there is a strange line of light that is somewhat mysterious to me. That pipe overall also seems a tad flat (maybe its not a pipe?)
A little light streaming under the door would be nice (as previously mentioned) but need not be exaggerated.
also you might consider an alternate, very dim and differently colored light in the darker interior parts....
These are only suggestions, not crits.
B.

Disgusting
12-29-2001, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by Khar_Negt
Disguting : Ohhh, sorrryy. Do you think he cares that I forgot to mention him? :)))

Oh, I'm so damn sure he does! This poor guy! It is NOT fair!!!! You may ruin his career!!! Please ... show that you have a heart and do what this poor guy deserves! :p

marioucci
12-29-2001, 06:23 AM
hey calle,
i think its great!!! the lights and the tex are great
but theres something about it...
the textures are correct but the scene is still too clean and clear for sucha messy and dark place.. maybe a little DOF and some minimal blur or fog would help..
you know what i mean? i think the air of the place is too clean!!
its really hard to explain but if i were in a place like that my sight would be a little confused and dizzy...
hope it helps:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.