PDA

View Full Version : Exploring Middle Earth - Death Scene - bentllama

bentllama
01-16-2003, 11:34 AM
death. plain and simple. death. the character dies. dead. lifeless. we will witness what he dies from. an inflicted wound? perhaps. I/you will know more when i storyboard and thumbnail it out.

in the meantime here is a model i just spent a half hour on...I have the existing rig...so that is one step done...now to finish the geometry.

the character has this L.O.T.R. background story:

------------------------------------------------------
The Munro, a race created by Tulkas the Valar to amuse him with contests of strength. A nomadic race that has been witnessed in the steep foothills and highlands of Middle Earth to the peaks of the Misty Mountain itself. A hearty and powerhouse of a creature with average intelligence, standing 8 feet tall, the Munro appear to be some kind of kilted, Bison-Bear-Man hybrid, bred purely for stalwartness. The Munro are a peaceful race until provoked, then with the might of 100 men the toss their hammers into battle, weilding large Claymores halving enemies in a blink of an eye.
------------------------------------------------------

sinbad
01-16-2003, 12:43 PM
Hi, I've also chosen a simple death for my character, I wonder if I'm being boring not having a piano falling on her head...
Anyway, I think the key is getting across the emotion rather than depicting a fantastic ending, (I suppose its up to individual taste.)

Good luck with your idea!

show
01-16-2003, 03:25 PM
sounds great llama, hope you finish this one.

BishopLynx
01-16-2003, 04:39 PM
cool. Can't wait to see it.

bentllama
01-16-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by sinbad
Hi, I've also chosen a simple death for my character, I wonder if I'm being boring not having a piano falling on her head...
Anyway, I think the key is getting across the emotion rather than depicting a fantastic ending, (I suppose its up to individual taste.)

Good luck with your idea!

there is nothing boring about death. something grandeur cannot happen in every shot you animate...however with 15 sec to work with, there has to be a setup, a struggle with death and finally death itself...that is the way i may approach it...

and thanks for the comments :)

Grayscale
01-16-2003, 07:27 PM
Go LLAMA!

jschleifer
01-17-2003, 08:06 PM
Lookin forward to seeing what ya come up with, Mr. Lllllama! :)

-jason

BlueCougar
01-17-2003, 10:34 PM
Oh, I see this is where you're posting updates for the modeling...hehehe:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Stephen Vyas
01-25-2003, 01:16 PM
Nicely detailed background story, any thumbnails yet?:)

bentllama
01-26-2003, 11:21 AM
here is an update.. i am also modelling this creature for the classic challenge, so both challenges will be updated periodically...

check the classic challenge of mine for info on the modelling, and changes I have made...I am trying to model it to fit to an existing skeleton/rig I have...changes are going to have to be made though...

srv
01-27-2003, 01:53 AM
Hey,
I'm guessing he gets decapitated... oops too late.

srv
01-27-2003, 01:55 AM
btw
Jeff Healey:thumbsup:

bentllama
01-27-2003, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by srv
btw
Jeff Healey:thumbsup:

wow, another Jeff Healey fan?

ACFred
01-27-2003, 07:51 AM
wow, another Jeff Healey fan?

I still can't believe that all 2 fans found one another. It truely is a small world.

bentllama
01-27-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by ACFred
I still can't believe that all 2 fans found one another. It truely is a small world.

sure, pick on a blind guy! :annoyed:

:beer:

srv
01-28-2003, 02:24 AM
:eek: Wow, and you are still able to work as an animator, I'm impressed!

bentllama
01-28-2003, 04:42 AM
:buttrock: :buttrock: http://www.jeffhealeyband.com :buttrock: :buttrock:

MikeRhone
02-01-2003, 10:01 AM
Hey ferrel. You have the suck knob cranked up to ten. Turn up the good turn down the suck.

I suggest you use some reference footage. (http://www.cinemateket.org/2002/bilder/fubar3.jpg)

:buttrock:

I like the general design you have so far. Bulky characters are always nice to see, especially because most people model for ease of animating.

Where are you from in Canada ? I know you're "displaced", but your pic looks like some rugged outdoors BC.

Mike R

bentllama
02-01-2003, 10:37 AM
Rhonedog : I hail from London Ontario. Lived in St Thomas. went to school in Oakville. originally displaced in Salt Lake City. now I am a Seattle/Redmond resident. I pilgrim to VanCity every once in a while, almost once a month it seems. that pic you are referring to was taken when i first got to Salt Lake City, still wet behind the ears, about 4 years ago when I started my career. :)

I have not updated recently because I basically have had spare time ripped from me and put into a deadline at work. the deadline was today/monday evening...so updates will soon follow. :)

FUBAR is excellence in filmmaking. best mock-umentary ever.

"As it stands...uhhh...plan B is to just keep on givn'r..."

MosaFacku
02-19-2003, 01:05 AM
hmm...seems a bit quiet around here.....u'd think there'd be some animation or something.....:curious:

Grayscale
02-21-2003, 09:18 PM
For someone talking alot of trash Mosa, you haven't done an attempt for a challenge...have you?

MosaFacku
02-21-2003, 11:07 PM
c'mon greyscale, u know its all in good fun :surprised

:xtreme:

Grayscale
02-24-2003, 04:56 AM
evil evil laughter .... muwahahahahahahahaha.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.