PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis: Matthew Novak : Title Comming Soon.

Novak002
07-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Well, havent done much with matte painting for a while. But this will be fun. Good Luck to everyone. :) Maybe ill have a sketch later today!...

Title Updated.

Matellis
07-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Hey Matthew , good luck :)

Novak002
07-07-2006, 10:08 PM
Alright, you gotta understand that I am not very good at 2D , I just started not too long ago. But this challenge shall give me lots of learning experiance. Below is a concept image that I put together in a little under and hour... I now have a basic concept to go off, hopefully my final image will turn out descent, but for now I like my idea and I plan next to begin some 3D and start to get the real feel and architecture for this odd little city. Well enjoy the image. (lol if its not to hideous)...
Good Luck To you all too. :)

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9485/atlantis7vt.jpg

To me this lil concept is more composition and lighting than anything else, it gives me a feel of the type of mood im going for.

Ill have more updates soon, Hopefully!

AnimZiggy
07-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Nice colours. Try to keep the size correct remember 16:9. (details on the annoucment thread) So you can think of the composition at the same time when you sketch.

Novak002
07-08-2006, 05:14 PM
thanks anim ziggy, ill remeber that. That concept wasnt really much, I just did it to get a better idea. I think I might move on to 3D now. Maybe just one more sketch. We will see.

Novak002
07-08-2006, 08:46 PM
Update: Column
Description: Heres a column I made, however I will probably change the style.

http://img286.imageshack.us/img286/4471/column7kq.jpg
I also noticed a mistake/artifact, in the center line, its not properly extruded. Ill have a update soon.

Novak002
07-09-2006, 12:41 AM
Update: Columns
Description: Ok, heres the new columns. They now are glitch/artifact free (i hope) and they are very cleanly modeled all using quads. Now ill probably move on to making a plan of my scene and layout. Normal Maps & Bump Maps will probably be comming too.
:bounce:

Edit: I now fixed the columns proportions. ( New Image Below )

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1155/newcolumns0me.jpg

Novak002
07-09-2006, 03:08 AM
Update: Layout Concept
Layout: The View will be a side perspective view of the whole city, however it will not be too far out, this way details will be preserved. The center will be a huge roman building with a bit of a aztec style with many statues and details which will contribute greatly in the overall piece. The doors of the building will slightly be open with a view of the green glowing light emerging from the inside. The roof will have a detailed dome with a hole where long bright glowing seaweed type plants will be growing out. The city of Atlantis that im planning to make is going to be styled simular to Rome however it will have a bit of aztec feeling, it also will seem futuristic in the way im going to incorporate glowing lights and many effects. Im going for the overall look that Atlantis was a technologically advanced city that became extinct.

I couldent really come up with a drawing of the layout so this lil article will help guide me through.

R-K
07-13-2006, 08:43 PM
nice columns, interesting stuff so far, good luck

CGTalk Moderation
07-13-2006, 08:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.