PDA

View Full Version : Problem using my C3D file

slowmo12502
07-05-2006, 06:49 PM
I am having problems using some .c3d files from a motion capture session. When I get my actor all lined up and press snap, his knees and hands come up. Then nothing follows the markers. He just sits still.

I wondered if I was missing something, so I went through the workflow on some older data. That worked out fine.

I dont' know if the problem is with the pose? The optical data? or What?

Has anyone had this problem or have any idea what could be causing this??

Here are some images of the problem.

Before:
http://zjpritchett.iweb.bsu.edu/MocapProblems/before.jpg

after:
http://zjpritchett.iweb.bsu.edu/MocapProblems/after.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

softdistortion
07-07-2006, 03:25 PM
I do sort of recall that I got unexpected results when forced to set actors on data without proper T calibration poses. :hmm:

slowmo12502
07-07-2006, 03:55 PM
Thanks for your reply. That is what I am afraid of. Anyone else have any other ideas?

All of our testing was done from a T pose and now I have been given this data. Recapturing isn't really an option because this data is from a session with a world class bassist flown in from France. Anyone have any suggestions for a workaround?

Thanks

softdistortion
07-07-2006, 06:27 PM
I can only think of 2 things to consider...not sure if either is of any use.

First if this capture was done by the same person that did your testing data with the T poses, they might have set the markers the same way... you could try to setup on that test T and then merge in the non calibrated bassist data on top of that as a take.

Second...do it in sections and try setting up on the pose that moves the least. Standing/sitting etc. Then recombine the clips.

Slurry
07-25-2006, 07:12 PM
I had a similar problem before when the data I was applying to the Actor had different node names than the data I originally used to creat my .hik file.

You may want to check the nodes of your c3d data.

Art

slowmo12502
07-25-2006, 07:44 PM
I sent a support request in to MotionBuilder. Come to find out the problem is the lack of hip markers. There were no hip markers because the person was holding a classical bass and it was in the way. It didn't make since that the character assumed the position that he did. But in hindsight it does make since that it didn't work properly without hip markers because the hips are at the top of a characters hierarchy.

Thanks for your replies guys.

CGTalk Moderation
07-25-2006, 07:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.