PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help needed

The Nemesiah
07-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Hi, Im workin on an architectural visualization project and I NEED to put a neon light in a scene that actually contributes to the whole ilumination of the scene (the light is suposed to bounce of a wal linto the room), also the neon tube must be seen, I Know how to do this with advanced lighting override but Im using mental ray now, is there a way of doing this? I really dont want to fake it since the architect Im working for actually expects this to be a somewhat acurate interpretation of the light in the room.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

knight1001
07-05-2006, 11:41 AM
You could download the CG Material Library from the mental ray discussion forum, this has some good neon materials.

knight1001
07-05-2006, 11:43 AM
Just in case, you can't find the thread

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=104578

cheers

Bogged
07-05-2006, 04:40 PM
The Nemesiah,

I say you just use the override. Turn off mental ray and make a radiosity solution and then use the tuts that come with max to make a neon light. :)

Cheers
Gerd

The Nemesiah
07-05-2006, 07:35 PM
I tried that, thanks, but the thing is that the radiosity solution just comes up all jagged, I may have to learn more about both methods before can do it

Thanks any way

If any one else knos I really apreciate it

Bogged
07-06-2006, 02:03 AM
Yea I know what you mean about the jagged edges in radiosity. Check out the max tutorials for some good tips on how to get smooth GI. Or just photoshop it in and eff the architect haha. :p

CGTalk Moderation
07-06-2006, 02:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.