PDA

View Full Version : Polymesh disappearing when selecting it

dwigfor
07-04-2006, 07:16 PM
Hi mates.

I'm encountering a problem where I select a polymesh and it's disappearing in the viewport. The object is part of a model, and the model was instanced. If I click on the model, the polymesh shows, but when I select the polymesh, it disappears. I need to select some polys and assign them to a new material... Under Display, everything is set to Auto.

Any ideas?

Atyss
07-06-2006, 02:43 AM
In the view options (Shift+S on the viewport), make sure both both checkboxes for Subdivision Surfaces are checked.

Cheers
Bernard

dwigfor
11-06-2006, 10:33 PM
Now I've got the opposite problem on a new model..... Argh! I can't see my polymesh, but if I subd it (+), I can see it.

My enveloped model was duplicated, froze, and then split into individual sections and parented onto my rig, for a fast, lowres approximation of my model. Now, if I switch to shaded, tex, constant, it disappears. If I go to wire, depth, or hidline, it kinda shows... It's greyed, and hid line isn't showing my materials (only grey). If I turn on the layer of my enveloped model, it displays fine, so I'm guessing maybe it's a problem with layers? It's not ghosting, that's disabled.

Other viewports display fine, and I tried making sure that all my settings were the same, but I'm at a loss...

Ideas?

ThE_JacO
11-06-2006, 11:31 PM
that this thread, with one of two or three titles, appears regularly every month, is kinda annoying but understandable; that it appears, when on the first page there's another one with the same exact question answered, is an offense to the search engine we can't leave unanswered!
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=425681

-archived-