PDA

View Full Version : Lava Castle matte

mybutterflyiris
07-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Ok, so I am a little hesitant to put this up, but alas I will. I did this for a class I am currently taking (turned it in yesturday). So technically it's done, but I am not completely satisfied with it and could have kept tweaking it a lot longer. Also there wasn't any "original photo" per say the environment was made from alot of smaller pieces. Anyways, being that I am completely new at this I don't think my work process was very efficient by any means... in fact it was quite messy. I'd love some tips.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/mightyevilbunny/Lavafinal.gif

Velarion
07-05-2006, 12:37 AM
I think the castle looks too sharp in this image. There were problems in connecting it to the environment. Other than that it looks ok for a beginner matte paint.The colors and overall lighting looks nice. Maybe more shadow on the rocks which have lava. You'll improve by making more and more. This is one of the good starts.

CGTalk Moderation
07-05-2006, 12:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.