PDA

View Full Version : Mickey-Mouse character rigging ?

Adriano-Zanetti
07-04-2006, 08:00 AM
Hey guys, I'm looking for a tutorial on how to rig a mickey-mouse-like character. I'm trying to rig the arms and legs so I can choose to either curve the bnding of the arms and legs or use a regular angle bending if I want... also the ability to stretch the bones or spline with controls would be great. Could anyone either point at good refs or even try to put me on the right track to get started with it ?

thanks a bunch,

Adriano

oglu
07-04-2006, 12:03 PM
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=351194

Roger Eberhart
07-08-2006, 07:22 PM
That rig handles stretching, but not bendy knees and elbows. I think he's looking for something that does the whole rubber-hose like bending. I would also be curious to see how this is done in XSI.

dwigfor
07-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Try this: http://www.xsibase.com/forum/index.php?board=11;action=display;threadid=25992;start=3

Adriano-Zanetti
07-11-2006, 01:18 PM
Thanks guys, I purchased the XSI Pro rigging Dvd from 3D quakers, I learnt some pretty handy things in there... also got to practice my Russian accent at the same time :) hehe. Anyway, I found a way to get the expected result using stretchy bones and curve chains on top of a default rig, I created some custom parameters to switch from Curvy-stretchy rig to the regular one. It all works pretty well... until I try to animate my rig... that goes fine... but when I try to remove animation on the transforms... it also removes the "expression" and "link with" applied to my custom paramaters (footroll, stretchy bones, FK/IK,curvy bones...etc and so on) ...I have no idea how to make sure they always stay never... so if you have a solution please let me know... keep also in mind that i'm very new to XSI, so it could be something very simple... like storing parameters animations or so...I wouldn't know.

thanks in advance,

Adriano

CGTalk Moderation
07-11-2006, 01:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.