PDA

View Full Version : Jay Nelson - VFS School Project Critique

poliscig1
07-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Hey everyone.

My name is Jay Nelson and I'm a student at Vancouver Film School. This is one of my projects for my demo reel. I figured I would slap this up here and see what kind of feedback I can get. Any feedback will be helpful, since I have about 5 weeks left in my studies. I am also working on a dialogue piece for the 2nd half of my demo reel. I will also post an "in progress" capture of it here relatively soon.

http://student.vfs.com/~3d58jay/3d58jay_Noodle50comp.mov (http://student.vfs.com/%7E3d58jay/3d58jay_Noodle50comp.mov)

I am originally from the Midwest, but an willing to move to anywhere in the U.S. for future employment. If anyone knows of anything, please let me know.

Thanks!

Jay Nelson
Vancouver Film School
3d58jay@vfs.com

TobyArt
07-05-2006, 09:36 PM
Heh, the last five weeks of studies, that's such a fun time. (Malones while rendering) Anyway it's looking pretty good so far, my only comment would be more anticipation before the kick, he seems to just be propelled through it with no explained force. Keep up the good work and hang in there.

poliscig1
07-06-2006, 05:36 AM
Thanks Toby...
I got another comment on another forum for approximately the same thing, so I am going to tweek that area.... I have my other dialogue piece I am working on right now, so I will probably get to the karate changes when I get a little bit further on my other piece...

Thanks again for the advice!

Jay

poliscig1
07-07-2006, 10:26 PM
Hey guys... got an update coming in the next 2 days, so check back and I will love to get more info.

Jay

poliscig1
07-10-2006, 12:51 AM
http://student.vfs.com/~3d58jay/3d58jay_karatepieceVer2.mov

Made a few changes in a couple of places and replaced the transition into the bag kick at the end. I feel like my new transition gives it more energy. Hope you guys like it and if you have any other comments, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks!

Jay Nelson
3d58jay@vfs.com
Vancouver Film School

Also: Had a comment from elsewhere about giving credit for the model. It is a free model from CGTalk and I will be giving a BIG list of credits for my formal reel. Just looking for critques before I "lock it down". Thanks!

mistasam02
07-10-2006, 05:09 PM
heeey cool! gorillaz rocks! :buttrock: but about the animation.. i feel like it could use a little more anticipation on all the kicks and movements in general. also moving holds!! she kinda just stops, then goes again. but i love the actions in it.. that last flip is great! so yea, keep it up! looks cool so far!

poliscig1
07-10-2006, 06:56 PM
heeey cool! gorillaz rocks! :buttrock: but about the animation.. i feel like it could use a little more anticipation on all the kicks and movements in general. also moving holds!! she kinda just stops, then goes again. but i love the actions in it.. that last flip is great! so yea, keep it up! looks cool so far!

Thanks Sam!
I Will take a look at those parts!

Jay

CGTalk Moderation
07-10-2006, 06:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.