PDA

View Full Version : quicktime frame display

tcbcoolscene
07-03-2006, 09:19 AM
Hey,

I have just done a long search and havent found an answer yet, so hopefully this isnt asked too much. I was just wondering if there was a display in quicktime, or any other media player that displays the frame of the video. It's just for timing and reference of live footage. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

wtoddk
07-04-2006, 10:30 AM
No way to do it, I think. I always just import my animation to a program Like AfterEffects and add the timecode/frames there.

tcbcoolscene
07-04-2006, 03:32 PM
thanks for the reply, yeah i have found this is theo nly way too. I think its all depending on the codec which didnt hit me untill after i posted this. Keyframes and everything probably play a big part in having the ability to go frame by frame. I did however find that you can go to movie properties and get a time down to the miliseconds although this really isnt very helpful. Anyway thanks again for the help.

CGTalk Moderation
07-04-2006, 03:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.