PDA

View Full Version : Characters for animation. I can't make 'em.

everynormal
07-02-2006, 10:14 PM
I want to learn 3D animation and I want to focus on nothing but animation -- I bet there are a lot of people out there who can say the same.

Now, I have some character modeling skills, some riggin and some skinning skills. Yet they aren't even remotely good enough for me to be able to make myself a fully rigged and animation ready character that would satisfy my needs and encourage me to deep further in animation. Not make me wanna deep further in rigging.

So I want to animate and I don't have a character to animate. What shall I do? Should I spend the time that I could be spending on animation to instead teach myself modeling, rigging, skinning to the level that satisfies me or are there other options out there?

Are there animation ready characters downloadable from the internet outside the animationmentor.com and other pay sites? Would using such characters be a wise choise? Or should I just spit in my arms and learn to make one on my own? What would you do? Have you sacrificed the time you could have spent on animation to learn to make your characters?

By the way, I already have a good career in 2D design for advertising and 2D illustration which I don't plan to change any time soon. The reason I want to learn 3D animation is that I absolutely LOVE it. The reason I don't want to learn modelling is that I absolutely DISLIKE it.

xsenos
07-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Apparently there's a thread for MooM character (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=365961) a little under with links to a hell lot of rigs. Hope this helps.

Chris Bacon
07-02-2006, 11:53 PM
dude, at the top of this is a thread labled...POST YOUR FREE RIGS.....

not wanting to be a arse...but try the search button...

but seriously..there are some cool rigs in that thread, withem you can get right down to animating

CGTalk Moderation
07-02-2006, 11:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.