PDA

View Full Version : Toxic

andre_alder
01-15-2003, 08:32 PM
Hey...

What is Discreet Toxic anyway? A software?

Andre

xmb
01-15-2003, 09:55 PM
read here: http://www.digitalproducer.com/2002/04_apr/features/04_15/cw_discreet_strata.htm

or

here:
http://www.fxguide.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=31

also read my "flame heresy" thread.

toxik was a codename for a pc-turnkeysystem & discreet's new dma technology. one guy at discreet told me this project has been "stopped", but not the development of this technology. it just means we wont see such a baby on a pc for a while, because discreet has no more concurrence in this area (except avid-ds). sony's socratto was stopped even before it came out and 5d-cyborg is dead too. so they wont release "toxik: strata, mezzo" otherwise the sales of flame would go down. but he also said that the dma-technology will be implemented in their existing products and that they're excited to release flame8/ inferno5 & smoke6 soon, and also work on further releases of combustion.

beside he said that there will be a big surprise this year...

andre_alder
01-16-2003, 12:22 PM
Strata looks great.... A middle to hi-end product. A good alternative to Edit or Smoke.
But a lot of features from Cyborg now going to Discreet products.
For visual fx industry this is a bad news....

But... What big surprise???? What do you think about this "surprise"?

Andre

MayaV
01-16-2003, 07:42 PM
hi

i have been hearing about toxic a lot, i read it at fxguide also but was not able to get it anyways if anybody out here knows about it in detail then please throw some light on it.

regards

Vivek

xmb
01-17-2003, 09:38 AM
"toxik, strata mezzo" is not going to be released anytime soon, as i wrote.
but this technology dma will be implemented in the existing discreet products.

i dont know about the surprise, he just said it will be "big"

andre_alder
01-17-2003, 12:23 PM
hey,

Big surprise???? What about a fantastic combination of Edit and Combustion running in real-time??? :thumbsup:

This would be a great surprise.......

Andre

xmb
01-17-2003, 03:33 PM
ehm...
i thought edit was "dead"... (?) & not developed further.
see under discreet's products, there is no more edit.

Flywaver
01-17-2003, 06:56 PM
Maybe he meant a resurrection of edit and combine it's features with C2 and add some steroids to the package! :eek:

I never had the chance to see/use edit but heard lots of good about it...almost bought a used copy on ebay, it was around 1000$ US; I thought since edit and C2 were able to work seemlessly it would be a nice combo but the fact that edit is dead scares me a bit. I hope we see something new in the "low end" from discreet this year. :bounce:

Cheers!

MayaV
01-18-2003, 08:54 PM
hi

if that happens nothing like it we will have a real high end desktop system :beer:

regards

Vivek

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.