PDA

View Full Version : Demo Reel

itrorev
07-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Hey guys. I'm a student from the Art Institute of Phoenix, and this is my reel. I'm open to any critique, be it negative or positive. Plus, some advice for improvements would be appreciated.

The reel can be viewed at http://www.sponglord.net/wreel.mov

Thanks.

note* Quicktime 7 is required. Also, it might take a bit of time to load, even with a highspeed connection.

mistasam02
07-02-2006, 06:43 PM
really stuff stuff dude! a lot of it i couldnt tell what was composited, which is always the goal in that field. the part with that guy in the hallway i didnt even know was completely cg modelled! great work dude! good luck in your search for a job!

guitarplayer6516
07-02-2006, 07:19 PM
dude thats some pretty impressive work. one crit tho, (since this is in the animation critique section) in the scene with the robots in the parking lot, especially when that one lands on the ground. i felt absolutely no sense of weight. these things are supposed to weigh more than a ton, make them seem like that. (mabey shake the camera when they land or make it bend its knees more when it lands and take longer for it to recover.) otherwise, no crits!

LucBernard
07-05-2006, 11:19 AM
Impressive :) not really a big fan of the soldier part (since I hate anything war related) but the rest is great

harryb
07-05-2006, 10:04 PM
Your reel rocks! I know how tricky match moving and compositing can be. I've heard a lot of good things about the Art Institute of Phoenix. This shows the good things I've heard are true.

Take Care

dutchtilt
07-24-2006, 04:09 AM
hey---i think it is solid, but needs some post work done:: looks like i will have the first crit for ya----but without crit you have nothing to do! so here are some thoughts:::

-first, coming from a motion graphics and flash BG, id lose the tech cpu style look. depends on what job you are going for---games you are golden, but films and ads you might want to move towards a more simple contemporary look.
-first shot: spec hits on metal, even dirty metal is usually very bright. so if the lasers are so bright, id either bring down the levels on the laser, or bring up the contrast on the metals.
-also, not sure if those shadows are accurate for the light in your plates...
-soldier was well done. nice work!
-third shot looks very cg. needs some work. id adjust the levels for sure. it seems too bright. i think a common thing in cg is to make our work too bright...
-next shot looks good.
-last shot also needs some levels work...just dup the CG layer (after effects style) and scroll through the blending modes---see what you can do. again, make it darker...

you are at a good point, just spend some time on that last 10% and it will be more solid---

hope that helps!

CGTalk Moderation
07-24-2006, 04:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.