PDA

View Full Version : Spookey normals?

Haider of Sweden
06-30-2006, 03:37 PM
If you see the image, you might recognise the situation where you need to fix the black colored faces with "Set to Face".

Now, I wonder why this even happens? After lots of modeling, I reached a level of work. Also, at that moment I do alot of import/export from/to Max-Maya (the image you see is a screencapture from Maya).
Before, it never happened to me.

Any clue if there are any ghosts that are stuck into my mesh after those import/export process or something else?

vancliff
07-03-2006, 08:15 PM
It seems like a reversed normal to me.

Haider of Sweden
07-04-2006, 06:45 AM
thats right, they are inverted faces. But I believe that it is something more. Regular flipped faces can be easily fixed using "Conform". Also, they are usually not black and can only be seen while not having Double Sided activated on the polygon display properties.

This one however, needs the normals "Set To Face" to be properly. So I was wondering what can cause this kind of "bug". Maybe there are ways to prevent this.

CGTalk Moderation
07-04-2006, 06:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.