PDA

View Full Version : I triple dog dare ya!

fightingthumb
06-29-2006, 09:50 PM
Hello! First post here... I just finished the rig for a character i will be using in my senior thesis next year and decided to do a little test animation. I already know some of the problems with the rig, I would really appreciate a critique of the animation! Thanks!

http://www.zapmyshorts.com/anim_mov/gustytest.avi

Zach

crutch
06-29-2006, 10:44 PM
I absolutely love it! Wish I could give some constuctive criticism but it looks fantastic at this point.

wtoddk
06-30-2006, 12:11 PM
Nice work Mr. Thumb... I found it really tough to find something to crit on your animation, although I'll suggest a couple of things, miniscule details, that might improve it a little in my own opinion. :)

when he says "dare", his right arm, and face are both threatening, while his left leg slowly moves forward. It's a small thing, but I think making that foot move quickly into position (just by touching up the f-curves) would make the pose more threatening.

his face at the end at the end is relaxed, non-menacing. Maybe that's the way you wanted it though

I feel like his head is really rigid, what about a little, just a little, movement in the up/down axis?

I've critted you so much simply because I enjoyed looking at your animation the 50 times necessary to crit it! haha

Like I said, really miniscule details suggestions... :rolleyes:
Again, really really nice work. I love it!

fightingthumb
06-30-2006, 02:16 PM
Hey guys! thanks for your comments! I can definitely see where you were coming from skyboy, ill try to work on all 3 of those things, and i appreciate you watching it 50 times haha! thanks guys

lutonomy
06-30-2006, 03:13 PM
Hey! Really nice work! You've done an excellent job on this and the animation is looking very good. I agree with the previous comment about him maybe ending with a more menacing look/pose - perhaps a clenched fist, leaning in with a sneer, or something. His spine is curved back in the beginning, so ending with it curved forward might be a nice contrast. Maybe add just a tiny bit more overlap on the head. Also, I think if you refined the arcs it would really put that little sparkle on the animation. I would go through and make sure the path of the head isn't cornering on "triple" and give it a nice dip. Same with the wrists, track them with an arc tool or dry erase on your monitor and make them nice organic arcs at all times. Just a few little polish things to really give it that somethin' somethin'. But you've really done some nice work here. Great stuff, congrats!

fightingthumb
06-30-2006, 05:29 PM
hey guys! thanks alot for your comments! alot of good advice! i will definitely go over this one with a fine tooth comb, and have an update here soon. thanks again

CGTalk Moderation
06-30-2006, 05:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.