PDA

View Full Version : Walk Cycle Help

redrobo
06-29-2006, 08:15 PM
Hi Everybody,

I'm putting together my demo reel and could use some critiques on my animation. Could you guys take a look at my walk cycle and let me know what you think?

Thanks!

Tri

http://www.bigredrobot.com/Commando_Walk.mov

KenSaba
07-05-2006, 02:53 AM
Hey, redrobo!

Seens his head bounce like is using a heavy helmet. And he probably has a helmet, but seens too heavy... not sure... put the helmet on, so we can feel it better. Keep going!

Regards

JohnnyHolloway
07-05-2006, 04:21 AM
I like it. My only crit is even though he has a heavy boot eh lands a little to flat footed, have him land on his heel more.

MattVogt
07-05-2006, 06:36 AM
Feels like he's "strutting his stuff too much". The gun has no weight and his elbow flares don't help adding it. You have some mad popping in his foot cycles - the heel lift is very sudden and his feet snap up and down right before the heel contact. I don't mind the head bobs - hell if I was wearing a tin can I'd be whipping the sweat of my forhead. Note that his up and downs, body wise, are a bit sketchy. Guessing from your heel's contact poppiing, you're trying to push the weight of his tin cans. Unfourtunatly his down, or lowest crotch elivation, is too subtle and late. Stretch his front leg whwn he contacts then drop the crotch the next couple frames.

Good work though!
Matt

redrobo
07-09-2006, 06:40 PM
Thanks for getting back to me everybody! I ended up taking at least a bit of everybody's advice. I toned down the head bob a little bit and adjusted his posture so he's a little more crouched forward. I adjusted his heel to be more angled before he lands altho I don't know if it made much of a difference. I'm not sure if the legs are still popping but I took MattVogt's advice and adjusted the timing of the torso so hopefully there's more weight.

Please take another look and let me know what you guys think!

Thanks!

http://www.bigredrobot.com/commando_persp3.mov

CGTalk Moderation
07-09-2006, 06:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.