PDA

View Full Version : My animation reel, comments are welcome :)

DIGICHIU
06-29-2006, 05:22 PM
Hello,

this is a 3rd year grad student in Digital Production Arts,
I've recently gotten a chance to make my reel small enough to put on the website, and
this will also my first time posting my reel on the website to the public(so I'm kinda nervous:eek: )
I know this reel is not perfect, so please please let me know any comments you may have, so I can improve it and hopefully get myself a job soon :)

This is a general reel with emphasis on character animation, size 78mb, 720x480
http://www.fx.clemson.edu/~ychiu/Demo_reel/yuting_demo.mov

Thank you and have a great day.

diegosocart12
07-12-2006, 03:30 PM
You're work looks good. I am curious though what position you are going after. Are you trying to get a job animating, modeling, or rigging? Or, are you looking for a job where you would do all aspects? I ask because I have been advised to only put on the reel what the job asks for, like if you were going for an animating position, only show examples of your animation. Thats about all the crit I have for now. I just want to say that I really like the exaggerated batter and love the rigging and dynamics on the bird. Keep up the good work!

DIGICHIU
07-13-2006, 04:43 AM
Thank you for much for your comments:) , actually, I would love to get into animation position, I have several reels myself, but this one is more like a general reel, some companies actually do look for people with many skills or people not only have artistic as well as technical skills. In my university, I was exposed to so many different techniques while doing group project, that's why I had stuffs other than just animation. But yes I do agree with you that usually animator should just concentrate on showing just the animation. I'm still not quite there yet, but will make one for myself eventually(depend on the company I applied).
I would say the golden rule is putting your "best works", and it doesn't have to be ALL in one aspect.
Thanks again and good luck with you! :)

CGTalk Moderation
07-13-2006, 04:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.