PDA

View Full Version : smoothing text?

GEO
01-15-2003, 10:51 AM
hi

when ever i make text it all was looks realy jagady and ugly i pick smooth form the top of the window and it looks a bit better but still bad any way i can fix it easy ?

thx

Ian Jones
01-15-2003, 01:28 PM
So you have turned on antialiasing? probably the same as smoothing in this case.

It really depends where you are using the text. For a picture that will be displayed on screen? or for print? If you are doing it for print then you should increase your resolution for a sharper image when printing and you wont get any aliasing problems.

gORDEK
01-15-2003, 02:21 PM
hi there,

what platform are u using photoshop on?? mac or pc?? maybe (on mac) your screenfonts are missing in your systemfolder and photoshop then only displays this trashy text. please post your platform...

cheers,

gORDEK

GEO
01-15-2003, 07:53 PM
i use a pc runing win 2000 prof

but i think i fixed it now what happend is i think some how the layer got bigger so it showed the jagedy edge of the text

thx for you help any way:thumbsup:

singularity2006
01-23-2003, 08:04 AM
are u creating and resizing the text as a regular image layer or as a text layer? If the text has already been rasterized, it'll come out like trash when u expand it... but if it still is in its original text vector format, it'll come out clean.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.