PDA

View Full Version : New BVH Skeleton Max 8

chewbacca007
06-28-2006, 08:15 PM
Hi All,

I'm currently testing out Motion Builder Pro for solving Mocap Data and bringing it into Max. THe files are Motion Analysis .trc files. I have been using the solving software made by Motion Analysis called Calcium. I'm looking to speed up the process and also get a better solve.

We are currently using CS Biped in Max. Sounds like I need a CS Biped specific skeleton to plot the animation onto. New BVH Skeleton for Max 8 with support for fingers and toe. Where can I get this file. I don't see it anywhere after installing the Demo and Tutorial files.

1 Markers to Actor
2 Actor to BVH skeleton
3 Plot to BVH skeleton
4 Export BVH

Any Advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

magilla
08-29-2006, 02:06 AM
hey chewbacca,
did you ever solve this problem? I'm trying the same thing at the moment (without any luck).

--magilla

EzequielM
09-01-2006, 09:31 AM
check in the cs dir of your current version for the bvh convention file

i attached the cs2.2 bvh convention for bvh, and the fbx with the skeleton for that version of cs, just add the new bones following the document of your cs, and get them into the character definition

btw... dont you hate that bvh is the only way to get your animation to max?
it really pissed me off when working with an ascension tech and motionbuilder, to see the cs to "re-map" all the data and drive the roll bones as it wishes?... all your fine tuning/corrections get lost in the process... grrrrrhh

chewbacca007
09-06-2006, 02:32 PM
hey chewbacca,

did you ever solve this problem? I'm trying the same thing at the moment (without any luck).

--magilla

Hi Magilla,

I was able to solve the problem. I managed to get the specific skeleton to Plot to from someone else. After testing it all out. I'm sticking with the solving software from Motion Analysis.

Chris

Solomon
09-08-2006, 07:05 PM
hi there, you got the Biped to work with Motionbuilder?

chewbacca007
09-08-2006, 07:31 PM
Hi Solomon,

As far as getting the Biped to work. Do you mean getting it in and out of Max or just from MB to Max? Getting it to Max is different than getting it out. To get Motions out of MB onto a CS Biped you'll need a CS Biped Specific skeleton to plot to in MB and export as a CS Biped BVH.

Here's a video on getting it out of Max to MB.
http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=107124&page=2&pp=10

Chris

CGTalk Moderation
09-08-2006, 07:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.