PDA

View Full Version : post loss

gnarlycranium
01-15-2003, 07:23 AM
Okay... if this was happening to EVERYBODY that'd be one thing... but fully 1/4th of my posts are gone, and that's certainly not the case with everyone else. Isn't there some way to fix the counters so that this doesn't happen? Some of us are getting seriously gypped here. :annoyed:

Gentle Fury
01-15-2003, 07:29 AM
ha ha!

no its not just you......i lost about 200 posts in the first server dump......and i once again reached 800 posts on new years (which if you search out the happy new years thread i said it there ;) ) and now im down to under 750 again......LOL. So, my actual total is probably somewhere around 1100 :) look at it this way, every time they hash post #'s it makes you look a lil less pathetic ;)

gnarlycranium
01-15-2003, 07:42 AM
Less pathetic? I don't see where you get that, I'm MORE pathetic. I lost almost 120, or basically as many as I made in the past 3 months. There must be some way to make the post-counters independent of the posts being deleted... otherwise there is NO point having a post-counter at all in the first place. :hmm: I gripe and complain! Yarrrgh!
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/CUSSING.GIF
...Okay I guess I'm done. Bleh.

Leonard
01-15-2003, 07:45 AM
Hi people,

We pruned about a few thousand threads this morning (all the WIP threads over a month old) to trim the database and keep it lean.

Please bear with it, we're trying to find ways to keep the server load manageable so that you can have your avatars and eye candy back soon.

I can't get onto all that stuff until the weekend. You'll know why when we announce the 3D Awards today.

Leo

gnarlycranium
01-15-2003, 07:55 AM
Yow! Whiplash! Post is moved... well, alright... didn't mean to irk anybody, hope I didn't irk anybody... was just wondering... oh, yeah, and griping and complaining, but I'm done with that now. Sorry. :shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.