PDA

View Full Version : Aaaah Yes!! Finally!!

guitarplayer6516
06-28-2006, 03:16 PM
after much work and tweaking i have come up with an acceptable walk. its one of those standard happy strolls that you see everywhere (or at least its supposed to be) does it convey this? tell me what ya think.

thanks for all the kind support

p.s. (the rig had to be opened in something more than 5.0 so i used ple. please excuse the watermarks.)

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=492D7A3B5305935E

guitarplayer6516
06-29-2006, 04:27 PM
oh come on, no crits?

(and by the way sry this is in the wrong forum but w/e)

TheNeverman
06-29-2006, 05:30 PM
He has a nice gait to him - but the tip of the feet seems a bit too lofty (almost has a bounce to it at the crest of the forward step). It's like he's wearing clown shoes. Maybe that fits within the context of what your aiming for though?

guitarplayer6516
06-29-2006, 06:16 PM
i guess you're saying its a bit too floppy? yeah i kinda made it like that purposely cause i saw it some place else and thought it looked good. i'll try and tighten up the strings and see how it looks. thanks!

ADMID
07-01-2006, 01:48 AM
oh wow that is very nice.

bono3d
07-01-2006, 10:44 AM
The walk appears ok but I finding hard to see animation completly because of the controllers in viewport. Try to hide them a show us again.

P.S.: Im not talking about the text Maya PLE...

Chris Bacon
07-01-2006, 11:29 AM
its a good start,

CRIT...

The feet are very Floaty..when the heel makes contact it should only take a cupple of frames for the ball and toe to contact as well...the keep the foot FLAT on the ground until the ankle is ready to lift again...

check the "Body" in the G editor it looks like there are some strange keys in there that are throwing it off...

also try speeding the animation up a bit...cartoony animation tends to work better when its moveing slighty fster than real life....

again good start...

chris

Naseem
07-02-2006, 01:42 PM
togle off the grid it will be easier to see the animation, other than that it looks like a good cycle, just take care of the toe roll its not timed right and make sure the knee is not snaping in mid cycle.

eek
07-03-2006, 07:44 AM
OK Crits,

The feet are completely off, the heel isnt hitting at the right time, and the toes, are leading instead of overlapping secondary motion.

The gait isnt finally reached, its reaching stride position with the leg bent. If it was tip toing it would work.

If you trying to hold the feet, to hang as in a happy stride - you need to extend the timing in the body as in longer on ground with a quick flick of the body.

Theres no rotation in the body forward/backwards.

Its not so much floaty as your not hitting the key arcs and downs.

The lift of the back from the toes is odd, there should be an extension of the leg, and a flick of the foot.

The back foot leaves the ground with the front balancing on its heel.

Happy strolls roughly take the forum of either a flick in the hips, as the passing position happens with a slow to fast passing position and the body leading then overlapping or as in the form of a double bounce - the ups and downs twice in one stride.

cheers,

cgkerr
07-12-2006, 05:59 AM
ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

CGTalk Moderation
07-12-2006, 05:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.