PDA

View Full Version : Modeler Question : Texture view issues

stompbox
01-15-2003, 05:06 AM
I have a wierd problem in Modeler I am hoping someone can help me sort out.
I'm working on a model which only has one applied texture (ie. everything else has had colour picked in the surface editor but no image). Its a subD head model, nothing too outrageous polycount-wise or anything.

Sometimes when I start up Modeler the texture shows fine in texture view, in 2 of 4 windows. It can be no problem for a while, than the texture decides to disappear.

If I go to single view and blow the whole thing up to full screen in perspective view it drops the texture, that's fine I can deal with that (in that it's probably asking for too much, throwing that much info around in real time), but other than that there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. One day I'll start it up and the textures will show, I can move things around and no problem it's OK. Then they suddenly "pop" disappear. If I change other windows to texture view you see a flash of the texture but then it's gone. I restart LW, no luck. Go to single view, no textures. Back to 4 windows, textures appear. Have I missed something about displaying textures in Modeler?

I have a pretty decent 3d accelerator, I can't remember the brand but it's a good one so I doubt that's the issue. I've checked the manual, fiddled with settings - hopefully someone on here can shed some light. I'm running 7.5

Thanks in advance for your time

dies-irae
01-15-2003, 08:53 AM
my, i think it could be a video driver problem.
Depending on the video card and drivers, you can have funny things happening: all polys drawn inside out, no more wireframe, no textures, only half of the textures, textures showing only for the first second when you turn around the camera then disappearing.
I had the good part of those problems with an ATI Radeon card, but other video cards can have the same issues.

try changing video drivers, i dont think you can do anything inside lightwave to prevent this from happening.
(do you play games? if you do, try to see if there's some problems with textures there too, that would be a proof the video drivers aint working correctly)

fourd
01-15-2003, 02:23 PM
I have this problem on my laptop. It especially happens when I have the image mapped to my object then I either make UV adjustments or use the image editor.

I just save my work and close and reopen modeler. The the image displays correctly.

Not much help, I know, but on my laptop I had a 16mb generic 3d card, that handles LW really well except for the imageing in textures occasionally. So for me, it is really the only work around.

stompbox
01-17-2003, 12:55 PM
3D Labs Oxygen GVX1

Checked the 3dlabs site, only standard drivers for this card as far as I can see.

No problems with games

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks again

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.