PDA

View Full Version : Sketchbook Thread of Iestyn Roberts

IestynRoberts
06-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Hello everybody. I've been looking around the atonomy forum for a while now, and the work posted here is simply awsome! I went through my old portfolio last night, and found some of my figure drawings. I plan on making more figure drawings in the close future, and hopefully try out the head workshop.

This drawing is 3 years old, and is A1 in size, any C&C would be great

-Iest

Trunks
06-28-2006, 02:54 PM
Hi iest-rob!

This drawing is very nice! Just keep at drawing figures :)

I would like to see some up to date images ;)

demented
06-28-2006, 03:23 PM
hey iest-rob,

welcome!

Drawing looks great, good to see such big a huge drawing. Try to vary your line more, making it lighter and softer where the light hits the surface and darker and harder where the surface is in shadow. this will take away the flat-effect, and will allow one to create form in space with only line, no shading or hatching whatsoever.

keep posting, would like to see some up to date things!
ciao!

- d.

IestynRoberts
06-28-2006, 03:31 PM
Hey - thanks for the comments. BEcause I've been playing around soo much with Maya in the last couple of years, i havent really done any figure drawings, so i can't post any new work up at the moment. But, im going to pick it up again, and start drawing tonight, to try for the workshop that's just been put up.
Thanks again, and thanks for the tips demented!
-Iest

Rebeccak
06-28-2006, 03:34 PM
iest-rob,

Welcome aboard! :) Nice to see your work, but I would agree it would be great to see your current pieces. :) It would be great if you could tell us a bit about your art training and background as well. Looking forward to seeing your participation in the Anatomy Lesson Series! :thumbsup:

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

IestynRoberts
06-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Hey Rebeccak - thanks for posting!! It was actually looking through your work that inspired me too post the figure drawing, as i really want to get better at it, and it's a shame i havent done any work for a while now.

As for my background, I'm from North Wales, Snowdonia National Park, and I'm currently an IT Technicitan for the local Government - but i'm applying to work in 3D Animation Studio tomorrow. I heading down to London in January to go to 'Escape Studios' to do the Maya Comp. course, and im really looking forward to it.

I did A Level's in Computer's, Physics and Art in my High School here in North Wales, and then i went ahead and did Foundation Studies in Fine Art where i got a Dimploma.

Im looking forward trying out the workshop, should be good fun!
Thanks
-Iest

Rebeccak
06-29-2006, 05:45 PM
iest-rob,

Thank you very much for the compliments, and thank you also for telling us about yourself. :) I always find it interesting to hear about people's backgrounds. We have a really amazing group of artists here!

Looking forward to seeing more of your work. :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

CGTalk Moderation
06-29-2006, 05:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.