PDA

View Full Version : Render Pass Order?

Sbowling
06-28-2006, 07:26 AM
Is there a way to control which order render passes are rendered in? I've searched on this, but can't find any info.

Thanks!

visualboo
06-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Not to my knowledge.

You could try adding a number in front of the pass name.

1_beauty
2_spec
3_shadow
4_ao
5_reflection

dwigfor
06-28-2006, 08:27 PM
Is there a way to only render a couple of the passes? Options are only for All or Current..

Sbowling
06-29-2006, 12:18 AM
Is there a way to only render a couple of the passes? Options are only for All or Current..

That was going to be my next question. :)

withanar
06-29-2006, 12:23 AM
Filter your explorer to passes, then select only the passes you want to render.
Render current pass should then render all of the ones in your selection.

dwigfor
06-29-2006, 06:14 AM
Thanks Brad.

leigh
06-29-2006, 07:10 AM
Is there a way to control which order render passes are rendered in? I've searched on this, but can't find any info.

Thanks!

I was rather curious as to why you asked this? Why would you want to control which order the passes are rendered? :curious: Is it so you can render the more important ones (like diffuse) first?

CoolCalb
06-29-2006, 11:16 AM
what I do is a little copy/paste script.

switch the script editor to VB, clear the history pane,
switch to the first pass you wish to render, copy/paste the command from the history pane,
into the script editor, hit <enter>
add a line : RenderPass
switch to the next pass, copy/paste the command from the histury pane to the scipt editor,
add another : RenderPass

when your'e done, run the script... :)

smaug
06-29-2006, 12:00 PM
there is a tool in the netview called jbj renderpas tools.

with it you can choose which passes you want to rener and say render selected passes.

in v5 there is also a reorder tools in the explorer you can use it to reorder your passes.

Atyss
06-30-2006, 02:18 AM
I was rather curious as to why you asked this? Why would you want to control which order the passes are rendered? :curious: Is it so you can render the more important ones (like diffuse) first?

Actually I tend to do the opposite. Generally by the "most important ones" I think "the toughest ones", like beauty passes and the likes. So I prefer to let go the easy ones first, so if something happens during the toughest ones, the easiest are still done. Controlling pass order really is a nice thing.

Cheers
Bernard

Sbowling
07-01-2006, 07:43 AM
Thanks for all the replies everyone. :thumbsup:

I was working on a scene on a tight deadline, and rendered it out without motionblur. Once I had a passable scene rendered out, I wanted to render it out overnight with motion blur. I could get away without any motion blur on the shadow and refletion passes (I'm not sure motion blur would even affect these passes), but I wanted to make sure that the main passes would get rendered first and be done by time I got to work the next day.

CGTalk Moderation
07-01-2006, 07:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.