PDA

View Full Version : Xpresso Cogs

Ren3D
06-27-2006, 06:01 PM
Hi guys and girls,

I have an expresso I need help with for the attached file. It is a series of cogs which drive a piston, which meant I needed to transform rotational movement into a lateral movement. Found a really nice way to do this with the use of a Cardan Gear ( a gear in a gear), which does the job and looks pretty swish to.

Problem is I have a basic knowledge and clumsy approach to expresso which means that the final part of the expresso is a little beyond me. I need to have the final gear rotating within the holding gear whilst rotating in the teeth and pulling the piston arm back and forth. Keyframing this was a doddle, but I really need an expresso control for further use and development of the project.

Any help would be very very welcome. and my gratitude will be yours eternally.

Ren
R3D

sandidolsak
06-28-2006, 02:18 PM
ahm i started writing how to but its too long and even i didnt get it after i wrote all :)
so i rather attached the file and as far as the piston goes check this nice tut (http://www.base80.com/index.php/2006/02/18/cs_as_bs) from base80...

Ren3D
06-28-2006, 02:58 PM
Hi Angelus

Many thanks for looking at this, I have looked over it and made some small adjustments to get the straight line going horizontal again. Works great, thanks again.

Cheers also for the link to the Base 80 site, I have used this before when I built a steam train and that expresso just about did me in!

I may well adopt the proper piston approach apposed to what I already have.

Many thanks agian

Ren
www.renay.co.uk

Ren3D
06-28-2006, 03:52 PM
Hi Angelus

Got it working as I mentioned, but, if I change the speed of the first cog (the driver) the speed of the inner gear remains at the speed the formula generates. Is there any way to link the speed of the drive cog to the rotational speed of the inner cog?

I have attached the altered file with the speed of the drive cog changed from 5 - 7 in the math divider in its expresso, to show what I mean.

Kind regards

Ren
R3D

CGTalk Moderation
06-28-2006, 03:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.