PDA

View Full Version : Camera Animation with 2 Splines

sAtdot
06-27-2006, 12:14 PM
Hi,

I got a problem with my camera animation.
I want it to move like a first person camera. I created a Spline so the camera moves like the head of a human while walking.
The Spline looks like a sinus curve.
Now there's the problem. When I want to let the camera move in a curve along the Spline I get to the problem how to bend the sinus spline easily.
I could imagine that it's possible to align the sinus spline on another spline which describes the way it should move in the interior room, but how?

Thanks for help.

vaXn8d
06-28-2006, 11:42 PM
I think I'm understanding you right... If not forgive me.

Hierarchy isn't my strong area, so if it were me I'd avoid using 2 splines, and instead link your camera to a dummy that is attached to the spline that walks around in the room. I'd then keyframe the camera to move up and down for head bob, and set out of range keys in curve editor to make the head bob loop.

I'm sure that linking dummies to 2 splines would be a more elegant and controllable solution, but this method might be quicker if it's a simple animation. Hope this helps and good luck,

Austin

CGTalk Moderation
06-28-2006, 11:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.