PDA

View Full Version : a nice rigging (i hope)

acamporota
06-27-2006, 10:17 AM
hello to everyone

this is my first thread,

i wanna show you a litte test rigging on my web site

www.camporota.it (http://www.camporota.it)

if you wanna see my movie click on the button " i miei filmati"

you can find "test skining" and some other movies

i'll wait your critics

joeym4130
06-29-2006, 09:40 PM
ooh, I wish I had more rigging experience that I could crit your setup, but it looks very nice to me, the muscles seem to deform very nicely!!

PixelTales
07-02-2006, 04:28 PM
This looks realy cool the muscle deforamtions in your rig test seem to be working very nicely. One thing I did notice from an anatomy perspective that would add beleivability to this character is the point where the sternocleidomastoid attaches to the clavicle it should be angled in closer to the center of the neck where the two clavicles meet (they should be much closer together) so that when the character turns its head left and right the sternocleidomastoid will form more or less a straight line from the base of the head just behind the ears to the point where the clavicles meet. Compare the difference of reference pictures of body builders with their heads strait forward, and with their neck twisted and you will see what I mean. Or you could just l do a quick test by watching yourself in a mirror doing some head turns. It is the contrast between the angle of the muscle when the head is straight as aposed to the verticle line of the muscle when the neck is twisted tha will add more anatomic beleivability. This is more of a modelling issue, and you are probably well beyond the point where you would want to make a change like this, but it is certainly something to keep in mind for future realistic style characters. Hope this helps :)

acamporota
07-02-2006, 07:57 PM
thank's so much for you critics

as you sai the problem's with the muscles neck it's my fault.

so i have to study for more time the human anatomy

and i hope to do better in my next rig

p.s. i've see your link "animation mentor"

it seems very very cool

tank's again

CGTalk Moderation
07-02-2006, 07:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.