PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Model

Nubetube
06-27-2006, 03:01 AM
Hello everyone, I've been browsing CGTalk for quite some time now but just recently decided to start a thread. I am kind of a noob to the whole modelling. The only type of modelling that I can do that will get satisfactory results is through reference modelling. Anyways, I have been trying to model this creature show here. http://neonewsnow.com/images/neopets_cast/moehog_neopet.gif
Anyways, this is the only reference I have and so it is kind of hard for me to create an accurate model. After many attemps, I always gave up because the model looked nothing like the picture... and it wasn't one of those things you could fix, it was just horrible. So now, I have come for help. I have started again and this time, with a bit of help, I am trying to complete it. I have got the legs and for me, they are good enough, as I am not trying to achieve a super-hi poly model. What I can't figure out how to do is the body, because without a good enough reference, I can't figure out the proportions to make it look right. Could somebody please take a look at the picture and lead me in the right direction? I have tried using a box to model the body but I can't get the sides of it to look right because I don't know how fat the lil' guy is and it turns out all box-like. Then I tried creating an elipse and applying a lathe and editing it through that but that also comes out real ugly. Here is a picture of what the legs look like.
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5691/legs1zm.jpg

samurai jack
06-29-2006, 02:37 AM
well i am a noob too but i would suggest that u can use a cylinder and play with it until u have the desired shape or a bunch of circles that u draw them as u desire attach them and then use the surface modifier on them,thats all i know i hope i helped..................:)

safe05
06-30-2006, 07:11 PM
Hi there. I would suggest drawing the missing references and model from there. If you're new to modeling and are tackling a character with very limited reference, it's a painful process. Once you have those sketches, then I'd use either spline modeling or box modeling for the majority of the character with modified tubes for the tusks.

CGTalk Moderation
06-30-2006, 07:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.