PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the new Side Effects Houdini forum

lildragon
01-15-2003, 12:06 AM
With the rapid interest of The Houdini family of products and especially the ever popular "The Houdini Apprentice Challenge" I thought it a good time as any to introduce this new forum to all the students and professionals in the industry. This is for anyone who wishes to collaborate on this amazing product.

We hope you find use to this new addition.

salud

icedeyes
01-15-2003, 12:28 AM
Really cool adition to the site.... Houdini is great and with all the support it has at the moment it starts to become a great community... We have to thank both sidefx for the apprentice edition and vids and Buzz for the online training and vtms.... Anyway.... THIS IS GREAT... c ya

roger
01-15-2003, 12:41 AM
This is good news. :)
Houdini is a dam-fine 3d program.

ggg
01-15-2003, 12:43 AM
could have used this last year, thanks for finally adding it :)

platypus
01-15-2003, 01:12 AM
:bounce: tremendous!

I am just learning Houdini right now. amazing ap.

thanks for the forum!

Emrys
01-15-2003, 01:50 AM
Yes, I'd have to agree. About time :)

Thanks guys.

BTW, speaking of the apprentice challenge. If anyone wishes to post any WIP's, we have a bit of a forum over at odforce (http://odforce.net/forum/) to get crits and comments.

So anyone who's joining the challenge, come on over and show us what you're made of ;)

l8r
Marc

mayadini
01-16-2003, 12:09 AM
I'll just cut'n'paste a question that I posted over at
odForum so more ppl might answer, thanx :) :

Hi, I was wondering if any of you guys would have hkeys configured such to match Mayas? (ie. change to 4 view viewport through tapping space instead of space+t etc.)? Also are houdini's keyboard/mouse bindings for camera manipulations hard coded as in Maya or can they be customized? If so does anyone have a config scrit for Maya-like workfow? (im sure studios use this approach for Maya users in Houdini-only shops if it can be done at all).

Thanx!

p.s. please don't start a "my proggie is more intuitive than yours so learn its hkeys and workflow" thing I'm just trying to get into houdini as fast as possible

Xilica
01-16-2003, 12:41 AM
Great news, great news :thumbsup:

Cararan
01-16-2003, 08:13 AM
I always wondered about this Software. But Great News

Phearielord
01-16-2003, 09:33 AM
yeah!!!
so far there's been a serious lack of houdini forums around
but things are picking up.

'soon the world will be flocking to its doors'

now cgtalk is complete :thumbsup:

Isrithe
01-21-2003, 01:55 PM
CG talk has akways been the place to be, seems I will just stay a little longer now. All we need now is a fridge to raid!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.