PDA

View Full Version : Need help slowing particles

Pongo
06-26-2006, 09:21 PM
I am having trouble getting something simple to work. Hopefully someone here can help.

My scene has some particles flowing smoothly along a spline (using Speed by Icon) All this is working fine, but now I need the flow to come to a stop, as if something has plugged up the line so the particles cannot flow anymore. I tried to use drag, but then the particles leave the spline.

any suggestions?

Thanks

feldy
06-27-2006, 03:39 AM
so put a deflector were u want it to stop at then in pflow use a collosion node and set it to stop instead of bouncing or keep going

OlegB
06-27-2006, 04:00 AM
In the Speed By Icon operator, turn On the 'Speed Variation' option and set Min% to 100.0. As a result, you animation will be the same. Now, at the moment that you need, animate Speed Variation Min% and Max% to go to zero. It can be abrupt, or it can be smooth.

The approach and a couple of other ideas were mentioned at the Orbaz forum: http://www.orbaz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=647

Thanks,
Oleg B.

Pongo
06-27-2006, 04:30 AM
OlegB

Exactly what I needed.

Thanks! works perfect now.

Feldy, thanks too. I had tried that earlier but it wasn't working since I either had to stop the particles instantly on collision, or give them a slower speed, which worked fine for a bit, but they would no longer follow the spline at the lower speed. Thanks though.

supremepizza
07-16-2006, 06:22 PM
oops i goofed ;)

feldy
09-30-2006, 07:18 AM

CGTalk Moderation
09-30-2006, 07:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.