PDA

View Full Version : Can't set keyframes (button greyed out).......

skuby
06-26-2006, 05:06 AM
I can't set any keys, no matter what kind of object I have selected. The button is greyed out..... What to do?

misterdi
06-26-2006, 05:26 AM
I can't set any keys, no matter what kind of object I have selected. The button is greyed out..... What to do?

Greyed out :eek:.

Is it the button at the bottom beside the marked parameter box?.

Just curious is the lock marking is on without any parameter in the parameter box?.

If so, try unlock the lock marking.

Regards,

skuby
06-26-2006, 05:51 AM
Yup thats the button, and I switched marking on/off, didn't fix it...

Also, if I try to select set key from the animation menu, it doesn't work either.

mattmos
06-26-2006, 11:55 AM
This is very basic but have you chosen a transform to set keys on?

ie to key a translation select the object, press 'v' to translate and the key option will be enabled...

skuby
06-27-2006, 02:12 AM
When I do that, I get little red boxes on the timeline. They look a little bulky to be regular keyframes but being unfamilliar witht he package I could be wrong on that. Still, even with the ability to do this, nothing animates as a translate an object over time with multiple keys.

SheepFactory
06-27-2006, 03:01 AM
yea the red boxes are keyframes. I dont know what the problem is , maybe if you post a scene we can take a look at it.

tredeger
06-30-2006, 08:28 PM
yeah, those are key frames. Can you open up your curve editor and see changing values on the transforms?

This is also pretty basic but tricky: does it say "Result" in the bottom left hand of your viewports? Maybe you're in a different mode and not displaying the animation you set. XSI's power produces a number of these silly little traps.

CGTalk Moderation
06-30-2006, 08:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.