PDA

View Full Version : Races of Middle Earth - Character - Xeno

xeno
01-14-2003, 09:32 PM
This would be the first time i enter a challenge here, but it just sounded so cool to come up with a creature from Middle Earth!

I dont have a concept sketch online yet, since my friend who has the scanner broke it! But no worries, ill promise ill get it online as soon as i can!

Anyway, here goes my concept..

The Titans..

The titans are about the most ancient creatures to inhabit Middle Earth. They are very rare, there probably are only a couple of them "alive". Because they are so rare they dont have a particular name for their race, but the people who know of them refer to them as "the Titans". The reason why ther arent too many people who know of this race is because they are practically living mountains!
Titans are gigantic creatures, completely covered and probably even made of stone, who carry giant mountain-like "shields" on their back. These Titans have only one thing to do in life and that is to sleep!
Titans usually sleep for thousands of years and during that time they look just like normal mountains. A Titan will usually dig itself in the ground al little bit and then fold itself to its Shield covers it entirely, making it look just like a real mountain. The problem here is that sometimes people tend to build their houses right on top of a Titan! Of course since Titans almost never wake up nothing desastrous has to happen, but there was one incident known as The Great Quake, where an entire city was destroyed because of the Titan who decided to go for a walk. During that walk forests and other small towns were trampled, since Titans dont take any notice of where they are walking nor where they are going.It just wants a place to sleep and wont stop until it has found a new place. Of course a creature as huge as a Titan also produces huge earthquakes when walking, can u imagine seeing (or feeling for that matter) a mountain walking by? This is why its a good thing that they hardly ever wake up and if they do, they almost never get up. Usually when one wakes up, it just moves slightly in its sleep. This of course, also produces earthquakes, but they are considerably less dangerous then when a Titan were to walk. Nobody knows how old Titans can get, since there no one has ever seen a deceased Titan, chances are they are eternal beings, who simply cant die.
No one knows wether or not Titans posess any intelligence whatsoever, nor has there been anyone who has ever communicated in any way with them, its almost as if they are completely oblivious to the rest of the world. Seeing the size of these creatures and the fact that they are asleep almost all the time, this really would make sense.

All in all, Titans are a fascinating species, but because they are so rare and hardly ever awake, also a very mysterious one.

Again i hope to have sketches up really soon!! Also ill update soon with a WIP!

ps: This is an awesome challenge, and im very glad to have this one as my first, i hope u all will like my work!

leigh
01-14-2003, 09:42 PM
Wow, that's quite a story :surprised
:applause:
And a great one at that! :D
Looking forward to seeing this one evolve - welcome to the challenge!! :D

xeno
01-14-2003, 09:43 PM
Thank you! Gonna be doing the best i can on this one! :)

Agraba
01-14-2003, 09:47 PM
Hehe, nice story.
Though very similare to the greek mythologys version of the stone titan :hmm:

But this will be a good one to look forward to :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.