PDA

View Full Version : Dust Poof

csprance
06-25-2006, 04:49 PM
I've been looking online bu tI was unable to find anything related, what I want pretty much is a group of text to fall down and when it falls down I want a puff of dirt to fly up from each thing of text. If anyone knows how I can create the dust effect that would be greatly appreciated or if you can just point me to a link where they have a similar tutorial on it, that would be very helpfull.

Thanks
Chris

Daniel-B
06-25-2006, 07:57 PM
This tutorial is rather old, but should be of some use for what you are trying to do.

http://www.3dluvr.com/content/article/62

vancliff
06-25-2006, 11:28 PM
Over the terrain or surface where your object will fall, you can put a cylinder not to high and with just one subdivision in eight. Convert it to editable mesh then erase both caps on the cylinder and only left the sides, you can do that with a box too, that would depend on the general shape of your object.

You create a parray emitter and attach it to the cylinder with the pick object button making the emitting particles from the surface of the object using the option "Over the entire surface". You need to hide the object from view so it wont render. Go to properties and deactivate renderable, but still will emit the particles that will make the dust. Use a higher percentage of particles and use the Emit star in the frame where your object collide with the ground, You can use the face type, in it you should do some test to find out which one is best for the effect you are trying to achieve, then you use in the material a facemap for the particles and also add some blur to them. You also need to decrease the speed of the particle like 2.5 in order to see the dust not going far away.

CGTalk Moderation
06-25-2006, 11:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.