PDA

View Full Version : help with advanced twist control

osamu
06-25-2006, 09:12 AM
spent a whole afternoon and finally got my advanced twist control setup, i still have a lot of questions.
1. y do we even use adv twist control? i tried the twist attibute of splineIK, and it applies a gradient twist to each joint, works perfect. I'm so confused...,
2. and there's hell lots of options in adv twist controls. normally we only use object rotation up(start/end), any1 have expericence with other options?

tpalamar
06-25-2006, 01:04 PM
The advanced controls offer ease in and ease out for a different effect on that gradient twist. Maybe you want the root to twist faster, etc... i.e. if you use the spine IK for a spine the deformations are nicer with an ease in and out.

Object rotation up and the others depends greater on your setup and animation. If you have other joints or objects as children to the spline IK, they can flip when crossing over planes. Changing the object up can fix this. Also just taking the spline IK itself and rotating 360 degrees in each of the axis can cause the curve to flip. Again altering these advanced controls can fix these problems.

CGTalk Moderation
06-25-2006, 01:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.