PDA

View Full Version : Shapes imported from Lightwave(scale issues)

adrencg
06-23-2006, 03:55 PM
When importing a dotxsi file from Lightwave, is there a special scale that needs to be used? The reason I ask is this...the shape manager sees all of the shapes just fine. When animating with the shape manager, the object scales up and down when dragging the sliders.

Something I need to know about shape importing? Thanks in advance for any info.

bravmm
06-24-2006, 08:52 AM
A quick thougt, are the centres of all shapes at the same location?? I know that moving the centre away screws up you shape animation.

rob

adrencg
06-24-2006, 01:58 PM
A quick thougt, are the centres of all shapes at the same location?? I know that moving the centre away screws up you shape animation.

rob

The shapes are endomorphs that came in with the object import. I think it's something I must be doing wrong...

I made a sphere with a few shapekeys, and when weighting the shapes, the sphere sizes up and down when 2 shapes transition over each other. I had to hit the normalize button in the options panel, but when that is clicked, there is no gradual transition(it either off or on).

CGTalk Moderation
06-24-2006, 01:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.