PDA

View Full Version : Timeline jump to frames

rsquires
06-23-2006, 07:20 AM
Excuse me if this is old news, but I just realised you can double click the timeline slider and type in a value. Very very useful indeed

regards

rich

govinda
06-25-2006, 02:44 PM
That's still too slow! Assign a key command to that (go to frame) if you're animating. I use the 'tilde' key. Then hit the right arrow and type in +30 to go forward 30 frames. Unfortunately it's not like After Effects and can't recognize '+30' alone as a command to go forward 30 frames from where you are. That's why the right arrow. ;)

tcastudios
06-25-2006, 04:32 PM
govinda, it can't be faster than the TimeJumper by ed!

Get it here:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=367756

Cheers
Lennart

xfon5168
06-25-2006, 10:40 PM
Also Govinda, you can do +30 but it just has to be AFTER the number so for example 1F+30=31. If you type just +30 it won't work. It has to go either before or after the current frame.

govinda
06-25-2006, 11:39 PM
It has to go either before or after the current frame.Yep, that's why I said 'right arrow' first. I knew what I wrote would be confusing, hee hee. :D

Oooh, I like that plugin, Lennart.

Also (later edit) this is one of the many things where I compare C4D to Adobe apps and find the latter wanting. When you type 14 into the font size field in Illustrator, but you haven't been precise with your highlighting and you've left it saying '14t' instead of '14 pt' or '14' by itself, Illustrator gives you an error. It's stupid beyond belief. Cinema is, once again, smarter. In any field, you don't have to worry about mangling the unit involved, be it inches, meters or frames. The app 'gets it' on so many levels that Illustrator, particularly, doesn't.

edfenner
06-30-2006, 03:24 PM
Just found this thread... glad you like the plug-in. I actually was a bit surprised that more people weren't finding this need. But as long as it has helped out a few folks - then that is great.

ed

CGTalk Moderation
06-30-2006, 03:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.