PDA

View Full Version : Facing Particles problem

deliciousnine
06-22-2006, 05:51 PM
I cant seem to map a bitmap onto a facing particle in max 8.. i tried using particle view but it only showed it in the viewport and not in the render.. now i'm usin a particle array and its still happening.. i've done it before in max 7 and i have no idea what i'm doing wrong!

i cant seem to apply any sort of mapping co-ordinates in either tool.. i'm using a standard material with a bmp in diffuse..

is it blaringly obvious?
can anyone help?

vancliff
06-25-2006, 10:37 PM
You can use a standard material but need to select face map, to see the effect in the rendering. The size of your facing particle also plays a role in the rendering process to being seen.

deliciousnine
07-09-2006, 03:05 PM
of course!

doh!

supremepizza
07-16-2006, 05:19 PM
I cant seem to map a bitmap onto a facing particle in max 8.. i tried using particle view but it only showed it in the viewport and not in the render.. now i'm usin a particle array and its still happening.. i've done it before in max 7 and i have no idea what i'm doing wrong!

i cant seem to apply any sort of mapping co-ordinates in either tool.. i'm using a standard material with a bmp in diffuse..

is it blaringly obvious?
can anyone help?

Shape facing operator within PFlow. Choose align to camera and don't forget to change cameras when rendering from a different one. ;)

CGTalk Moderation
07-16-2006, 05:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.