PDA

View Full Version : extruding along a curve?

diginime
06-22-2006, 05:30 PM
Hi, i have some questions here about extruding along a curve. Well, i tried extruding by using point and faces along curve and it works well, but when come to a polygon, it can't work. For example, i simply created a cube and select the whole object to extrude along the curve, but it seems like works as an animation which the curve is the path for the cube to move. But when i use add poly tool to create a flat poly, then i select the poly n extrude along curve, it can work. can anyone tell me how is these things work? ( When select the whole poly, the cube and the flat poly, by using alt+ right click didn't have the extrude option, so i go to Modify>Poly Mesh>Extrude along curve)

Thanks.

misterdi
06-24-2006, 06:51 AM
Hi, i have some questions here about extruding along a curve. Well, i tried extruding by using point and faces along curve and it works well, but when come to a polygon, it can't work. For example, i simply created a cube and select the whole object to extrude along the curve, but it seems like works as an animation which the curve is the path for the cube to move. But when i use add poly tool to create a flat poly, then i select the poly n extrude along curve, it can work. can anyone tell me how is these things work? ( When select the whole poly, the cube and the flat poly, by using alt+ right click didn't have the extrude option, so i go to Modify>Poly Mesh>Extrude along curve)

Thanks.

I'm not too sure what you are trying to do. For the cube example, try to inspect the extrude op and change merge parameter to none.

But probably what you want to do is shaping the cube, in this case instead of selecting all poly faces, select only the top and apply extrude op to this face, adjust subdivision value to get better shape.

There is an extrude option in the contextual menu just below "duplicate polygons along curve".

Regards,

CGTalk Moderation
06-24-2006, 06:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.