PDA

View Full Version : First time.

PartisanFox
06-22-2006, 03:00 PM
This is my first matte painting I've ever done. After I read tutorials written by Greg Martin (gallery.artofgregmartin.com) I tried to make my own image based on what I learned. Everything I painted / created in Photoshop.

Xdreamer79
06-22-2006, 05:46 PM
No critics about the quality of your work but it looks to much tutorialished. Try to stick with other compositions, more planets, explain a story with your scene :-]

JJASSO
06-22-2006, 07:55 PM
hi Richard1, I completly agree with Xdreamer79, this need more life, you need to give the scene something to look at , maybe a big vessel or a complete fleet is flying over there or a big space station, adding elements will make the image a more interesting artwork to look at

PartisanFox
06-23-2006, 10:32 AM
...well, I completely agree with you both, but first I have to learn a lot and make some tutorialish stuff, and then create my own visions.....I hope so..... :)

Xdreamer79
06-23-2006, 01:44 PM
Totally right but I would always think before posting if the tutorialed work should be posted ;)

PartisanFox
06-23-2006, 02:18 PM
ok but i think u misunderstood me - this image is not the final result of walk-through tutorial but result of what I learned - I learned how to make planet and how to make starfield, and then I decided to make my own image. I'd really like this image to be more complicated but always we start with simple things.

CGTalk Moderation
06-23-2006, 02:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.