PDA

View Full Version : rendering stops every 5-11 frames???

Levitateme
06-22-2006, 01:01 PM
I'm rendering my reel with 5 different scenes. and mental ray will stop rendering about...every 5-11frames. it just stops. my pc is 3.6 ghz with 2 gigs of ram and a quadro 1400 fx...this pc is brand new I know it's not the comptuer not having enough power, but it does this on every scene i try rendering. anyone have any idea what's going on? i can't leave xsi to render overnight because it keeps stopping all the time. very very frustrating.

gent_k
06-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Even with the simplest scenes? (bunch of cubes)

As far as I know MRay tends to do that with heavier scene because of "not-so-good" memory management, but every 5-11 frames sounds too much.

Levitateme
06-22-2006, 01:30 PM
that seems to make a lot of sense. this scene is not huge, i just have a ton of little pieces. my other scenes are very huge though. any ideas anyone?

visualboo
06-22-2006, 02:59 PM
So does it crash on simple scenes like that? How many objects are in your scene? What version of xsi are you on?

Levitateme
06-22-2006, 04:17 PM
i'm on 5.1

all my scenes i'm rendering for my reel so it's like...lots of 5 sec animations total. and the scene i was just rendering was 8mb total. 2 phong shaders when it renders. nothing fancy at all in the render settings, it takes about 20 sec per frame, and after about...15-20 frames on the last animation it would freeze xsi. i tried the optimization stuff...still freezes...

visualboo
06-22-2006, 04:29 PM
Try and export your scene in parts. It's ok to just use emdl for now, but import them into a fresh scene one at a time and see if it crashes. Basically just try and narrow down your objects to see if one is corrupt. It could be anything so it's best to just start recreating it from scratch with a new scene.

CGTalk Moderation
06-22-2006, 04:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.