PDA

View Full Version : df And After Effects Plugins

Kaiser_Sose
01-14-2003, 11:14 AM
I am currently trying to decide between combustion and df and I understand they both accept ae plugins ... does this include out of box ae plugins along with third party ones

Also, alot of ae plugins require yu to choose a lyer to accomplish the effect ... since df does not work with layers like ae, do these types of plugins work with df

for example, I like using walkereffects.com plugins ... anyone get them to work with df

arvid
01-14-2003, 03:44 PM
There's probably a secondary input on those effectnodes, just like on the Merge node. Im not sure about DF but in combustion virtually all the 3rd-party plugins work great or even better :) but the native AfterFX ones isnt supported, this might also be the case with DF.

Jayk2k
01-14-2003, 05:50 PM
I've just had a quick look at these plugins, and all seems ok as far as I can tell, but you knowing the plugins may have a better idea.

The developer resposible for the AE adapter is currently on holiday, but by the looks of things we provide 2 options on the plugins;

1) An additional input similar to the merge tool, located at the nodes perimiter.

2) A drop box for nodes within the control panel of the plugin. Just drag the loader (layer) into the appropriate section.

Kaiser_Sose
01-15-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Jayk2k
I've just had a quick look at these plugins, and all seems ok as far as I can tell, but you knowing the plugins may have a better idea.

The developer resposible for the AE adapter is currently on holiday, but by the looks of things we provide 2 options on the plugins;

1) An additional input similar to the merge tool, located at the nodes perimiter.

I am not sure what you mean here

[B
2) A drop box for nodes within the control panel of the plugin. Just drag the loader (layer) into the appropriate section. [/B]

I saw an empty box for the layer ... are you saying just drag the loader into that box

Jayk2k
01-15-2003, 03:18 AM
Yes, in option one, drag a connection from the loader to the green arrow input on the plugin. If you hover your mouse pointer over it, it will tell you what the green input of the plugin is connected to.

In option 2, drag the loader to the area in the control panel. Alternatively you can right click on the box in the controls and choose "connect to ......"

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.