PDA

View Full Version : Unload all movies ?

-JT-
01-14-2003, 06:24 AM
Does anyone know if there is an actionscript command to unload all the movies ?
I've got plenty of movies to load in a swf for my portofolio, but when i want to load a new one (button action) i want the area to be clear.

Or does anyone know a way to get the same result ?

thnks :)

slayerment
01-14-2003, 07:01 AM
well i usually load my new movie into the same mc or level. does that help any?

-JT-
01-14-2003, 07:21 AM
thanks, i didn't think about that, i have to try but it seems to be the solution. :)

fig
01-14-2003, 03:23 PM
you can also just unload from a single level with the unload movie command. i wouldn't think you'd need to unload more than one movie, i suppose if you needed to you could load them all into different levels of a mc in frame 2 with frame 1 left blank, when you wanted to clear them out just go to the blank frame 1. kinda a workaround but it should work for the most part, it'd be better to actually unload the movies tho. slayerment is right tho, loading a movie into the same level should clear the other one out.

chris

-JT-
01-14-2003, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the help fig, i just tried loading the movies in the same level and it works fine, simple trick but i couldn't figure it out myself. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.