PDA

View Full Version : The Luciferian Iii: Creche', Stalecracker (2D)

JFThomas
01-14-2003, 04:59 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/5025/StaleCracker_large_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/5025/StaleCracker_large.jpg)

Howdy! I did this piece as one of a set of 4...

It's called "the Luciferian III: creche'

Here 'tis-

http://www.imagemagician.com/images/stalecracker/Forum_Images/ThexLuciferianxIVxCrechex_web.jpg

This is the LuciferianII: Succubista

http://www.imagemagician.com/images/stalecracker/ThexLuciferianxIIxSuccubista_web.jpg

Vanje
01-14-2003, 05:04 AM
I'm mesmerized, intrigued and frightend all at the same time :eek:

Creepstown
01-14-2003, 05:06 AM
Wicked, and very creepy.
Do we get to see the rest of the set?

OZ
01-14-2003, 11:47 AM
CReePY CooL......have u an online portfolio?

spr0g
01-14-2003, 11:47 AM
thats.. freaky... looks cool :P

Kirt
01-14-2003, 12:06 PM
Those little faces at the bottom really creep me out ... but it's another lovely illustration! My only critique would be on the pregnant woman. The belly and breasts don't seem to sit right. Did you find a pregnant woman reference for this or did you just add the belly to a non-pregnant model?

The reason I ask is that my wife has had 3 kids ... the weight should be shifted down more and add a few more pounds on the hips. The breasts get shifted down and out with the belly. Of course my wife isn't super-model thin so I can only offer what I know.

Maybe you can find that cover that Demi Moore did nude while she was pregnant for a reference. I don't remember the name of the magazine, but you might be able to find it by searching her name.

Bleah ... I went on too much about a minor point. Don't get me wrong, I love the image, the colors, the textures and the overall creepy nature of subject matter. Definately a 5 star illustration even with the points I made earlier.

Good job! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

lildragon
01-14-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Vanje
I'm mesmerized, intrigued and frightend all at the same time :eek:

COuldn't have said it better myself :surprised this is beauty man, well I mean besides those freaking kids :argh:

But the lighting/composition is awespiring, Kirt made some valid points and I have two of my own.

- The bottom of the stomach is too low, it seems to blend into the place that well.... got her in this predicament:D

- Also the breasts are really too small for a lady that looks like she'll be having at least twins :)

But overall it's awesome work

You have received the CGtalk choice award . Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Awesome stuff can't wait to see more

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame - when it becomes available

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/award_jan_2003_2.jpg

P.S. if you need a different background, please send me a PM with the RGB values.

salud

DaliFan
01-14-2003, 12:55 PM
great creativity, just nevet let it spill over :airguitar

no really, that is great work and a tad disturbing (not a bad thing always)

great job :thumbsup:

somlor
01-14-2003, 12:56 PM
WOW!!! :eek:

I love it I love it!!! Your work is stunning.

And it looks like you did artwork for American McGee's Alice! I loved the art from that game (and also the game itself)...

Great stuff!

(s)

The Stranger
01-14-2003, 01:18 PM
cool. very richard d james.
:surprised

XerC
01-14-2003, 03:17 PM
It's awesome.

sad
01-14-2003, 03:21 PM
...darkness imprisoning me - all that i see is absolute horror - i cannot life, i cannot die... (metallica)

very good work, truly dark. keep goin'!

Tommy Lee
01-14-2003, 03:22 PM
:love: :love: :love:

Baal
01-14-2003, 05:34 PM
:love: it ! Reminds me of an old Myst-like game... Dark Age I think it was called. It was as creepy as this ;)

Great work !!

Nevermore
01-14-2003, 06:24 PM
freeeeeaky shit.. very, very nice though.. good work man, like the atmosphere and the deformed kids on the background... like vanje said; beautiful, intruiging and frightening at the same time..

HieSpike
01-14-2003, 07:35 PM
very creepy....
reminds me of the hellspawn comics. Maybe you can do their cover?

peace,
kane

ggg
01-14-2003, 10:29 PM
reminds me of baraberella and those freaky little kids and the robot dolls biting at her heals

Manicalavera15
01-14-2003, 11:07 PM
hey looks great !!!
how terrific picture...

i see some duality between life and death...(woman who wait a baby, damn background like biblic's hell)

damn good !!!:thumbsup:

nObedienz
01-14-2003, 11:36 PM
reminds of clive barker: undying. damn that game was scary :p

niut
01-15-2003, 12:38 AM
wow!!! what can I said very impressive is what I have in mind...
great painting!:eek:

gandan
01-15-2003, 01:58 AM
Due to the content depicted in the visual, i cant help but think of the movie the RING!

Horrifically intoxicating! Something that stay in your mind even after the eye has left the drawing, simply marvelous!

JFThomas
01-15-2003, 02:20 AM
WOW! Thanks so much for all of your comments! I REALLY appreciate the crits on the first one. I will be reworking the image taking those observations to mind.

Thanks again!!!

And thanks to the Admin for the "Choice Award" I was very honored to receive it.

JFThomas
01-15-2003, 02:35 AM
AND I just reposted the first image with "some" fixes... more to come.

cleptocat
01-15-2003, 03:08 AM
Cracker you twisted little puppy....great images I particularly enjoy the second one....although who can resist those cute little children in the first

And whens that tutorial coming?

Your Mutable friend-

samifox
01-15-2003, 09:42 AM
Hi

Very impressive!

how did you do that? by drawing?modeling?

Shay

Pinionist
01-15-2003, 11:53 AM
It's very beautyfull. I love this dirty atmosphere, subtle lightening of the first image. Also, I wonder under what influence you did it? Some post-industrial band? Book? Art? Anyway, pregnant woman shown like this makes me thrilled. Pretty. My girlfriend loves it! :buttrock:

TheHellmaster
01-15-2003, 02:25 PM
WOAH!!! Damn, thats GREAT!!! Not scary or freaky, just amazing! :applause:

I love the dark side, so go on and make some more pics! :airguitar:

:buttrock: TheHellmaster :buttrock:

fnselmi
01-15-2003, 03:20 PM
DARK :buttrock: I love youre style, the subject matter reminds me alot of some of Geigers earlier works, keep it up.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.